Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new to paintball, just got my gun in last week, and like a newb with hardly any knowledge on the subject I went to Academy Sports and had my tanks filled and bought some Patriot Premium paintballs. We all went outside and decided to try them out on each other to see how they hurt, and boy hurt is an understatement. They kept bouncing off, giving us huge whelps.

So I went to a paintball park here in AL and bought some paintballs from them (had our guns chrono'd as well, they were shooting at 270 fps), they are called Midnight Paintballs made by Procaps. So we took those and tried them out, they didn't hurt as bad as the others but we still got big bruises and they didn't break on impact. Only one time did it break and that was a distance of 25ft. It still gave a big bruise :(

I've been browsing through the forums and I havn't seen anyone talk about paintballs being too hard, only people talking about them being too soft breaking in the barrel.

Why are we having bad luck with the PB's we're buying I don't know.

So what paintballs should I buy and is there a way I can tell if they are too hard before buying them.

Thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
How many layers of cloths are you wearing?
I remember in the winter when i first started out i wore tons of layers with a big big coat that feels like a pillow its so bulcky becuase i didnt want the balls to hurt. I got shot like 5 times and they just bounced off me. becuase i was so soft lol.

If your not wearing alot of layers i dont know what to tell you. What marker are you using?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are Spyder TL-X.

The only clothing I wore was a pair of short jeans and then a pair of long jeans over the shorts. As for the shirts I wore a short sleeve shirt with a thin long sleeve jacket over it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'd re-check on the chrono to. Make sure you are close to the cap on fps. And yeh, some paint doesn't break very good.

Paints that break good that I have shot are:

Draxxus Blaze
PMI Evil(Get a lot of curves)
PMI Marbalizer

Paints that don't break well:

Worr Practice Paint
Nelson Hemmorage

Paint that was so bad due to being on the shelf to long that I will never shoot it again unless the company gives me a free box to try:

X-Ball Gold

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mike2347 said:
I usualy use paint such as Empire Ngage, Diablo Heat, and they break fine. Its very rare that they bounce off.
I've used Diablo heats very recently and had breakage problems. In one round I remember shooting my friend at least twice, and have had no balls break on him. One was an upper arm shot which he thought broke on him, but didn't and another was a head shot which again he thought broke on him, but didn't. We later went out and tested them and found that out of 10 shots generally only 3-5 would break, which IMO is rediculous. Oh and I was shooting at him from around 10 feet away if that helps in any way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts