Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Gone Forever
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I just bought a 90 dollar calculator, and I wan't to customize it so if someone steals it, I could easily identify it. Anyway, what is the best way to do this? Spray paint? What? I read the thread on how to paint your gun in the Customizing Part of this forum, but I want a very accurate detail on how to spray paint it, and make it look GOOD. Also, this would be my first real time spray painting anything this important, so please give me some pointers! Also, is it possible to take the calculator apart, to get a very good paint job on this? It is a TI-83 from Texas Instruments.

Thanks,
Ted

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a really crazy idea for this, no one flame me please. But if I want to have one of my items identifiable, get ready for this, <laughs>, I put my name on it!!!11!

·
Gone Forever
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey jackasses, why don't you actually post something helpful? Anyway, my brother bought it when he was in college, and hes done with it now, so its mine.

·
Registered
390 Posts
make a pattern out of cardboard and use it as a guid for spray painting. or, just write your name on it and stop being a nerd

·
Gone Forever
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not being a nerd. Anyway, this is a FORUM where people post QUESTIONS, its assholes like you that ruin the forums.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
In NY, at least, they don't let you use anything higher than an 83 plus silver (I have an 83 plus). For the question: I would use acryllic paint.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You could do it one of two ways..

Easy way:

Take some kind of tape and put one big peice over the front part.
Spray the bak and the sides.

Hard way:

Take tape and put it over every thing important (buttons,screen)
Make sure each peice of tape is about the same size as the thing you are covering. This way everything inbetween the buttons is covered.

·
Gone Forever
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I decided to not buy spraypaint, and I got some gorrila glue. It's the strongest glue ever made, so I think it should last! :) To read more about it, click here.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
rory096 said:
In NY, at least, they don't let you use anything higher than an 83 plus silver (I have an 83 plus). For the question: I would use acryllic paint.
i bought a 83 plus silver for 30 bucks, im gonna need it in geomotry this year

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
NYY said:
i bought a 83 plus silver for 30 bucks, im gonna need it in geomotry this year
:eek: :eek: $30 ?!?! Where?

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
it's a graphing calculator

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
it's really hi-tech. You can graph, play games, do trig and a lot of other stuff.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts