Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any tips for painting camo on hoppers and masks or whatever? I know the basics of rough sanding to get the paint to grip, and using a base coat of dark green or whatever, but how do you get a good design layed out with spraycans?

·
Registered
275 Posts
When I first started i painted my sting ray completely. What you do is get spray paint, the put a few coats of like a dark sand color. Then when that drys spray green in random spots in like zigzag lines or something. It normally works.

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Javaman said:
Does anyone have any tips for painting camo on hoppers and masks or whatever? I know the basics of rough sanding to get the paint to grip, and using a base coat of dark green or whatever, but how do you get a good design layed out with spraycans?
Olive drab, Earth Brown, Medium Green (or Field Green) and black. Paint it all over Olive Drab. Wait for it to dry. Paint on some areas of medium or field green in a stripe going horizontlaly. Dry. Spray vertical stripes of Earth Brown. Finish it off with some tiger stripes of black, about 1.5 inches apart and going vertically. I just touched up my mask and did my HPA tank the other day.

Hawk, my marker is red.. I can't explain why, but I can't pull myself to paint it camo. When I get an autococker, the first upgrade I but if going ot be a can of spraypaint in all 4 of the above colors and I'll paint my backup.. I promise.

·
12,110 Posts
outlaner_0990 said:
^^^Paint the entire gun and post pics, but make sure you do a good job.
I dont doubt my ability to paint it, theres just somethign inside of me that says "No! Alpha dont do it!" right now... I can't tell you why or how.. But I just wont do it, not until its my official backup gun.

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
if you dont want something so permenant, something that you dont have to worry about screwing up because you can take off, theres some camo tape that you can use, and not just duct tape. Theres some tape that you can get at some sporting good stores thats not shiny, and it actually has a quazi-ghillie effect.

·
Registered
94 Posts
at Dicks Sporting goods the have a camo spray paint set w/ 4 colors n patterns

·
Registered
288 Posts
Alpha said:
And Pit vipers gun doesn't have REAL camo on that. Its way too bright. Its just a decoration. It wont help at all.
NO DUH

1 - 20 of 45 Posts