Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine told me to put pam (non- stick spray for cooking) down in the barrel for a more volocity.. I dont think he knows a whole lot about paintball but it seems that it would make sense..

Is there anyway reason why I should not do this??

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
highly doubtful. It may help with shooting out breaks though; it's also oil-based and gets sticky after a while..doesn't sound like a winner. I can't see what it would hurt if you were to test it though. I know people who use rain-x on their barrel fro that reason.
plus if you're looking to shoot faster, just adjust your velocity.

·
Registered
24 Posts
u can maybe use silicone in your barrel, i know i used to put it on my cable guards on my compound bow and it was very very slippery. you just get some spray it on wipe it dry and it is very slippery. but i only see that working to help clean your barrel better.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Your best bet is to have a clean barrel with nothing to act on the ball. You do get a slight bit of atomized grease or oil just from the normal firing of the marker. This may have been true back in the day when paint was bigger and there was less quality control. It isn't true now.

Frankly, use a decent paint, that is a close match for the barrel bore size, and you are home free. No need to add additional lubrication to your barrels.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Your best bet is to have a clean barrel with nothing to act on the ball. You do get a slight bit of atomized grease or oil just from the normal firing of the marker. This may have been true back in the day when paint was bigger and there was less quality control. It isn't true now.

Frankly, use a decent paint, that is a close match for the barrel bore size, and you are home free. No need to add additional lubrication to your barrels.
I like how you think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts