Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Florida's #1
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently been saving up all summer to get a worrblade kit for my cocker. I would buy an eblade cheaper but I can only buy from the shop. It's gay, the worrblade kit is $400 yet my parents won't let me get it even though i've saved up and it's my money. My dad doesn't care so he said it was up to my mom. She gives me all this **** about car insurance and crap like that.(which i'll be paying in a year) "You just want it to show-off, because you care abotu what other people think. That's why I got the Expedition and your dad got his truck(dodge with hemi blah blah) Beside the fact I already have $400 in the bank for that because of my mom and my sister started with no money at all. (car insurance that is) She gave me this crap about me not knowing the value of a dollar. "Well you haven't played in a while" is what my mom said. I replied, "Because i've been saving". It's never enough and all of that crap, in her opinion. Then she suggested me getting a cell phone. What the hell for, I don't go anywhere to even need one. Plus she told me that with all of the stuff i've payed for, for paintball it could buy a fourwheeler. As I recalled when I had enough she wouldn't let me get one.

Then I told her, " Since I can't get that then can I atleast get another cheaper kit?" (Nexus kit, my shop are cheap asses and they charge $220 for it.) "It's never enough son." I just sat there and looked at her. She wants me to make a list of all the stuff i've bought and she asked if i'll have that tomorrow when she gets home...I said I dunno. lol she didn't like that answer. I have no freaking clue what the hell i'm going to do if she won't let me spend it on an upgrade. She suggested I get a different stereo when I already have one and I never listen to it. I would take the money and play every weekend but they're too damn lazy to drive me there. I'm not putting any more money towards the ****ing bank either. My mom makes no since but I can't do anything about it because she has my money damnit. My grandma was nice enough to give me money to buy a halo b. What the hell am I going to do with it? My mom doesn't know that I ordered it over the phone at my grandma's, so I couldn't sell it online. If I can't get someone locally to buy it, i'm screwed. What the hell could I do with $400 ? It'd be cool to live with just my dad because if I have the money I can get it, my money and if I mess up it's my mistake. So wtf can I do with $400 or with this situation?

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
You could buy a swedish penis pump, and a lot of weed and make yourself a gravity bong.

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
sNoW PIrAnHa said:
You could buy a swedish penis pump, and a lot of weed and make yourself a gravity bong.

^^^i like his idea :p

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Man I hear you, my mom is the exact same way "start saving for college; you want a laptop dont you?; save money for your books; what if your car breaks down, youll have no money to fix it"
What I really hate is that she complains that I never go paintballing (but i do go to the field at least once a month) and when it comes time to buy more paint and air, she complains that its expensive and I should spend my money elsewhere....kind of an oxymoron. And the worst is, just like you, I make my OWN money by myself and Im being told how to use it.

Anyway, all I can really tell you is try to get on your dads side and get them to realize that paintball is your hobby, your..thing if you will. I know moms are hard to deal with, but theres not much you can do except argue it more. Maybe show her like....a DM4 or some bob long timmy, or other high end expensive markers and say "hey at least I'm not spending THAT amount of money buying it and then upgrading it"

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
my family is different erik my mom is all for paintball, she takes me to g-force and even took me and my friend balling once when i asked her to..Its my dad who is the stingy one, I said i might wanna buy a phantom, and my dad said "if i switched golf club sets, like u switched your markers id have a different set every week." but ive always had the same marker my whole life..then i ask him if he thinks paintball is a sport and he replys "dusty limmie awnser your question with another question..how many highschools represent paintball is a sport?" so i tried the name one and he said "PLEASE!" and i replied "well you see poker on ESPN but it isnt a sport" then he just shut up about it!

·
Florida's #1
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She told me to talk to my dad and see if he'd persuade her because she said she's a chick and she doesn't understand. My first day I went with my spyder shutter and my dad saw that I was getting killed to the max. He said we'll come back once you get a better gun. My dad is so cool, I have nothing against my mom but she just doesn't understand. My dad even fights over the computer with me because he has like 40 computer games. She kinda controls his life too. He wanted the new GTO, and my mom said, "Why so you can feel like a man?" I could tell my dad was like gay gay gay. Hell, he's still happy because he got the dodge ram hemi truck thingy.

·
Registered
898 Posts
My parents (luckily) don't care what the hell i spend my money on...as long as it's my money. That's how I have so many CD's.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
your moms gay to da max. i my mom won't pay for a dime but she was like you want a new gun save your money and buy it ( i have saved it just got to wait till the seventh to buy it). your dad should devorce your mom she sounds like a *****

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
dude. holy sh!t. do they have an expensive hobby? if so, bring that up. be lound about it. yell. be angry. pull the silent treatment. throw pillows at her if she comes into your room to talk. yell more. throw tantrums. be a spoiled *****. they'll eventually feel sorry for you and let you buy it. oh, they will, they will.

my parents see it as it's my money, i earned it, so i should be able to spend it on whatever i want (almost).

·
Registered
790 Posts
well, my mom started to pull that same **** on me. then she buys a new car and a 15,000 dollar sewing machine. it keeps her quiet.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts