Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my parents are so gay.....

they hate paintball and hate me playing in tournaments

i need some reasons to argue with them why i sould be obsessed (i am)

my dads allways asking me

"you arent going to play paintball when your 40 so why spend so much money on something you arent going to play"

"i want you playing in our backyard"
me-"i didnt buy a 500$ gun to shoot around in the backyard"
"then you shouldnt have bought a 500$ gun

damn parents, help me with some reasons

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
tell them its to get out agression and stress, and its just plain FUN! ive never been in a tourney, and you prolly have a paint sponsor, so compared to me, YOUR DAMN LUCKY, i have to buy my own paint, my parents havent let me buy an upgrade since i got my tippy, they think that 270 SHIPPED is a bad price for a cocker, and they make me buy my own paint.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well you will be playing when your 40, APG even had an article a year ago about paintballers over 40, it was funny and said you needed to take asprin, but there are still a lot of older people playing. I guess i forgot how i convinced my parents, it was a long time ago, but you will think of somthing, just keep explaing to them how it is safe, and tell them stories about times how you showed you did the right thing, the gain respect for you if you do that. There really isn't any good reasons for them not to like paintball, so ask them why they don't like it and then tell them the truth, or why what they think is a myth, cause it most likely is.

·
Registered
949 Posts
my favorite quote is from action pursuit games. this isn't the exact quote but here it is.

"I use this trusty scope to snipe out enemies and spy on the neighbors wife"

oooooh, wat great times.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
omg, theres all kinds of ppl at my feild thatre over 40, i cant belive your parents can say that....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
331 Posts
ino how u feel my dads against it he thinks its a waste and wont let me play in tournys but my moms helpin and eatin at him hes gunna crack soon my moms on my side for once:D

·
Registered
687 Posts
take him out to play or have him watch one of your tourneys

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Well I started off with a blade. Cant say no to a gun that is cheaper than a squirt gun, and looks like one too! Cuz $20 on a gun isnt that much, and I slowly moved up to my mag. Ya know whats funny thought? When I 1st got into paintball, I would look through pball magazines and look at the $400 guns, and think how cool it would be to have one, but I thought I would never have one, and here I am sporting a mag!

·
Registered
264 Posts
My parents love me playin paintball. They can't get over the fact that I am never home on the weekends. My step dad couldn't be happier that I spend all my money one paintball because he thinks it will keep me outta drugs and alchohol, little does he know....:devil:

·
Registered
302 Posts
tell them your helping out our country by getting ready for war....

·
Registered
608 Posts
My mom and dad actually support paintball too with the condition that if i dont use safty and common sense theyll take gun away. (not all the way downto the barrel plug but just common sense like wearing a mask and not shooting people on the roadside)
My dad is actually thinking about getting a gun for x-mas since hes seen me play.
ok enuff of me

what you should do:
-Invite your dad to play a game with you if hes active enuff to do so
-ask your them to goto a tourney to watch you
-stress the safty involved
-make points that the sport is active (200 bucks on a PS2 or 200 towards an active sport)
-get them some magazines on paintball

·
Registered
38 Posts
man I have the best excuess....

I ask them a question...

They say...
"why do you play paintball??Its soo expensive"
I say...
"how would you rather have me get my rush, paintball or drugs??"

it works like a CHARM

and sometimes they even buy me paint :D

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Hell whats the point in doing anything? We're all gonna die, all we're really doing is avoiding boredom waiting to die so you got 3 options become a monk, have all the fun you can have until the day you die, or you can kill yourself now and get it over with because hey, youre gonna be dead so what do you care? Thats my argument, I didnt use that I just said my freind invited me to play paint ball for his birthday so we need to head out and buy me some camo.

·
Registered
84 Posts
can anyone help me convince my parents that an autococker is worth the money? I told her it came w/ a free $70 trigger frame, shipping was free, and its cheaper than it usually is. They just say,
"I cant believe you want to spend $300 on a paintball gun."
I'm not saying that drug thing, i dont feel like getting a lecture right now. I want to get into tourneys but i want a tourny gun ahhhh help me

·
"Iknowwhattheladieslike"
31 Posts
Man we all got problems with parents and what they think about paintball. My Dad dosen't mind us playing rec or in tournies. It is my mom who is totally against it although when she found out that we took first in a local 10 man tourny she was pretty excited for us. I have used the durg argument on my mom and it worked pretty well. I've just got to get the money for a cocker.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The tourny part is what my parents like best.. If I am gonna play paintball I might as well win some money and equipment at it

·
Registered
23 Posts
dude you need to just do your own thing!My parents tell me p-ball is for losers and a whole bunch of other ****. Just ignore them and play as much as you can to the best of your ability.A little reminder: YOU NEED TO CLEAN OUT YOUR MAILBOX!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts