Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, its time for me to get back into the rec. scene, using what else but my old 98c.

I need a solid performer across the board, all types of playing, but mainly woods and speedball.

Obviously im choosing to give a little speed performance to gain some in the woods. Right now ive got a flatline, scope (dont hate, its small), and all the home mods. I plan to get a double trig, and the vert adaptor. What else should I look into? A home modded double trig is enough speed for me to keep up w/ the spyders and occasional imagine that my friends rock. I will obviously not use the flatline to play speed, so Im thinkin around the lines of an All American to keep up there. Im going to stay with co2, b/c Im selling all of my tourny gear and WILL NOT put any $ twards a hpa system.

Should I go with a reg, or should I go w/ an expansion chamber? Also, should I get a stock? I kinda want a rear cocking assembly, but im not really sure it adds much performance. Suggest anything, Im pretty open.

-AND REMEMBER-
Im not sum noob...I played tournys for 3 years and played for 3 more b4 that. I know whats good and what issent. thumup:

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
if youre gonna use co2, id go with at least a 6 stage exp. chamber, and as for the rear cocking...i guess if you wanted to you could. I could see a plus for it in the woods seeing as you wont be getting dirt, sticks, and other debris inside the gun. I guess you could get a rear cocking system if you want, or get the rocket cock.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
not much performance if you ask me...many say it quiets the gun but im not really sure if its true, i haent noticed a difference. I think the only down to it is that the little cocking loop keeps popping out of its little clicked in lock spot and slides back when i shoot. I dunno...

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
well, if you decide to go with the stock, then obviously youre gonna havta get the rocket cock. I was always kinda wondering too why nobodyu has ever made their 98 into a top cocker...all you need is a welder and a dremel, i think itd be kinda cool. Its as simple as welding a knob onto the sliding rod on the top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts