Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I just took ownership of a new tippmann A-5 marker and when I opened the package, I found out that the barrel was a little wobbly. I took out the wrenches to tighten the bolts and the wobbling got better, but when I hold the barrel and apply pressure in a direction it feels like it is moving by a little bit (should it be impossible to feel that it is moving?). The part that operates the cyclone feeding system (the thing sticking out of it), wobbles as well. Is this normal or a defect?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
The barrel has twist lock threads on it, as well as the body tension holding it in. If both are good, then that's probably the best it gets. A small wobble won't be bad- It'll never be rock solid, but if it seems excessive I might look further into it.

The little plunger on the cyclone piston is there so you can cycle it by hand if needed...like when you are low on air and it auto cycle, or if it jams up. It'll wobble if you push on it sideways...It's only supposed to be pushed straight or mostly straight in.

Hope that helps you, good luck with the new gun. :tup

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It helps a lot (to stop my freaking out lol). One more question though, will turning it clockwise or counter clockwise do anything?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
The barrel? or the plunger?

The barrel...yes, it'll take it off or tighten it.

The plunger, no I don't believe so, unless the end cap comes loose or the spring snags and gets stretched from being spun too much. I wouldn't worry, but it is above all else designed to be pushed, not spun.

Wait for one of the A5 owners to stop by for better advice though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just make sure the barrel is all the way in the reciever. You should not be able to see the black o-ring on the barrel adapter push it all the way in it takes a bit of elbow grease and then twist it clockwise to lock it in place and then tighten the bolts also. The cyclone feed rod that wobbles a bit I guess you should be able to move it from side to side thats normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for helping me with my paranoia guys, really appreciated!
Turns out that the barrel wasn't tightened clockwise enough!

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Yea thats what I was going to tell you. Just screw your barrel on more. lol

Now you should probbly untighten the bolts tighten. If you have them to tight they have a higher tenency to strip out. They should be tight enough so you can not move them with your hand but no wear near as tight as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts