Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a Tippmann Pathfinder 14" or a Smart Parts Progressive 14" for about 30 dollars. Or for a little more money, i can get a J&J ceramic. I have never used any of these barrels and would like to know which one i should buy. Right now im leaning towards the pathfinder just because it is made by Tippmann and i get free shipping on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have both progrssive and J&J and i totally prefer the J&J. the very few times ive had a ball break ive been able to just shoot it out. also the J&J is lighter. visually the progressive looks better tho. if you r serious about getting a new barrel J&J has the edge starter kit. it has 3 backs and 1-2 fronts for 105 shipped from J&J itself. i have this along with the standalone barrel and it is worth the money.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
over the pathfinder and progressive, the progressive

progressive vs. J&J... deff j&j

·
Registered
49 Posts
Go with the J&J, for only about $10 more you will get much better performance, and be able to shoot through breaks better. Out fo the other two, go with the progressive

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How would a teardrop compare to a j&j if im going to be using super swirls? I was told that super swirls are really accurate with a teardrop but i cant find if super swirls are any good in a j&j.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
bigfoot42 said:
How would a teardrop compare to a j&j if im going to be using super swirls? I was told that super swirls are really accurate with a teardrop but i cant find if super swirls are any good in a j&j.
j and j and progressive are the same bore size essentially.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the J&J for my 98c, and I love it. It's very light, fairily quiet, and you can shoot through breaks pretty well. for a little more you can get a Custom Products one piece . If I didn't have a freak (It came with my gun) I would get a CP. I used one at my last tourny and I absolutly love them. Good Luck!!!

Edit- Not sure the size of super swirl, but if you find it you can get CPs in different bore sizes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts