Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people this is the moment we have all been practicing for and yes you read that right. PBF camping trip

it turns out Martix and myself in all likelyhood will both be going to D day this year. As long as nothing catastrophic happens with my finances I am about 95% sure I will be able to make it again. D day is a week long with camping so I was thinking, 2 birds with one stone, we can have the epic camping trip we have all always wanted and play some good paintball at d day.

I will be joining the German 352 ID and if you want to be in the thick of the action along with defending some of the most important pieces on the d day field (the game starts at Normandy beach witch is the 352's responsibility to defend)

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd love to hang out with everyone, I might have to consider it. Would need to force myself to take less gear though...
less gear? I brought more gear than normal, thats one of the reasons we drove it

thats a plane ride for me hrm.
Sofar our plan is to head down to Roseburg OR and from there my parents would be coming along with the RV, you are welcome to join us if you are willing to split the gas bill and camping spot with us (probably be around $300-$400 round trip)

we will probably be staying in tents but in a RV spot, my parents rv only has 2 beds and they are both spoken for, but we would still be using the RV for showers, food and the AC

so you would just have to get down to Vancouver wa and from there we would be taking my truck down to roseburg.

this would mean however that your trip would be a lot longer, tack on about an extra 4 days on each side from the event dates for all the travel

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
My brother and I had plans to go, then he decided to have another child. So now those plans are in limbo. Its just a 7 1/2 hour drive from my dads, so that isn't bad at all. So I could drive 3 1/2 hours, visit him, then drive the rest the next day.

Worst part is I pretty much have to buy all new equipment. Sold pretty much all of my guns but my masks and tanks are OLD. We are still going to talk about it though.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
My brother and I had plans to go, then he decided to have another child. So now those plans are in limbo. Its just a 7 1/2 hour drive from my dads, so that isn't bad at all. So I could drive 3 1/2 hours, visit him, then drive the rest the next day.

Worst part is I pretty much have to buy all new equipment. Sold pretty much all of my guns but my masks and tanks are OLD. We are still going to talk about it though.
Just borrow one of our setups. you know we all have like, 4 full setups.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I would if I had to, but someone is opening up a field about 30 minutes away, so I hope to be playing semi-regularly again by then.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
less gear? I brought more gear than normal, thats one of the reasons we drove it

Sofar our plan is to head down to Roseburg OR and from there my parents would be coming along with the RV, you are welcome to join us if you are willing to split the gas bill and camping spot with us (probably be around $300-$400 round trip)

we will probably be staying in tents but in a RV spot, my parents rv only has 2 beds and they are both spoken for, but we would still be using the RV for showers, food and the AC

so you would just have to get down to Vancouver wa and from there we would be taking my truck down to roseburg.

this would mean however that your trip would be a lot longer, tack on about an extra 4 days on each side from the event dates for all the travel
I usually take like 6 markers, 4 tanks, 3 hoppers, 3 masks when I play by myself. No way I'd be able to take that AND enough clothing and such for that amount of time.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
if you drive it you can

not to mention, toxic needs a setup so you need to bring one for him
You do realize if I drove I'd have the option of bringing a 2007 Corvette or a 2015 FR-S. Neither is extraordinarily well blessed in the cargo capacity way.

·
Super Moderator
3,802 Posts

No way I can take 2 weeks off.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
This sounds like a good enough reason to buy another vehicle.
I don't think there's a vehicle made that could carry all my gear AND clothes that I can stand the look of. Every truck/SUV is eliminated because, well, they're all but ugly disgusting things that I can't stand to look at or drive. Well, maybe a Subaru wagon...if they still make them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts