Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been bored all day, and came up with an idea for a formal PBF debate. Here's how it will go, if I get enough people willing to do it. We have three people on each team. There will be three judges, Alpha, myself, and one other person (I'll come to you for this position).

If you have any topic ideas, or would like to participate, post up.

-Andrew is bored when he doesn't leave home for a day.

Ok, I have a topic- (If you guys have a better one, post it up)

Resolved: Marijuana should be legalized for commercial uses (such as hemp), medicinal uses, and recreational uses for peoples 21 and up.

Team 1
Spudchucker
Hunts
Pink Paint

Team 2
Brockocoli
ArmoArchAngel
OhRly

Judges
Number One N00b
Alpha
Ja289

As of now, sides will be determined by a coin toss. After each team has their side, you have a week to prepare. This will begin once we have enough people/agreeable topic.

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
ahh wat the hell ill do it.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Subject is..?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Ill do it. Whats the topic? (please dont be something generic like abortion)

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Something domestic, but not abortion or the Iraq War. (creationism vs evolution isn't even a debate, so dont suggest it).

I was thinking Capital Punishment or Legalization of Mary Jane.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Lets debate about......

Kanye west's views about GWB hating black people.... maybe?
or
the Patriot act.

edit- I like the capital punishment and mary jane ones.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think with Marijuana legalization, we could get some good opinions since we have different ones. Most issues would be hard, since most of the members here tend to fall more to the right side of things...

Capital punishment would be good as well.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Rise of China is domestic.

Or how about Energy issues?

O

·
0 Posts
It'd be good, because with opening comments, rebuttals, closing arguments and stuff it would be better tahn the flame-wars that usually end up happening.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Number One N00b said:
How many people do you honestly think could debate that here, intelligently?

I could try with relative success?

I was under the impression that we would have time to structure a flexible information bank before this started.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
128shot said:
I could try with relative success?

I was under the impression that we would have time to structure a flexible information bank before this started.
I was going to give a week.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
so you pick 6 people that are interested, and split them up into 2 teams, we debate, and judges determine who wins.....

will mods delete side comments by other members that are not supposed to be participating in the debate?, or will there be a rule such as people that post retarded side comments get a temp ban for the duration of the debate?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts