Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres my deal.

Last week sometime between tuesday-thursday I was in weight training class in school. A bunch of us were "testing our limits" on the calf machine.
We had decided to put as much weight on the machine as we could, which was 14 45lb weights, a total of 630lbs. Only like 4 of us tried it, and only one other person than me could lift it, he only got it up a few inches. Me being the showoff I am decided to go for it, and use all my force. I shot up and lifted the entire thing in one thrust. Only to hear something in my back, behind my shoulderblade tear. I was like ****! Ever since then i have had this pain, while sitting, even breathing, so I went to the doctor today. She gave me some HUGE muscle relaxers (Skelaxin 800MG), and some high powered Ibuprofen 800MG. I have to take both 3 times a day... :dodgy:

My question for you is, will taking the muscle relaxers and/or the Ibuprofen effect my lifting/performance much in class? Please help I gotta know for tomorrow!(whether or not I take them)

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
they shouldnt effect it i dont think..... but i wouldnt lift anyway, give your muscle sometime to heal itself.

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
maybe ur rotator cuff? i tore that last year in wrestling, got a cortisone shot and it was all better :)

but yea, i was on like hydrocodone (sp?) and idk if they were muscle relaxers or what but i can tell u i wouldnt have been able to go to school on them hahaha they were fun though.

EDIT: god did i feel good when i was on those things. i can see how people get addicted to them...............you know i do have some left upstairs :dodgy: :looking :dodgy:

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt get a note from my doctor saying I shouldnt lift or anything, so how do I convince my teacher? (he is a old wrestling and football player and coach, total meathead with the "dont be a pussy" attitude. Im guessing the only thing I can really do is tell him to go to the damn nurses office and see the horse pills im taking..

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah so I look like im doing something. Ill do stuff like curls for my arms and do mostly leg stuff like boxes, ladders, or our hip & leg sleds. It doesnt really hurt when im standing and I dont want to look like a pussy getting out of lifting, but then again I dont wanna screw myself over later in life.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
stop lifting while it physically puts you in pain. youll know when youre ready

plus, stopping lifting for up to two weeks gives your muscles a whole new chance to fully recover. sometimes it can even be a way to break through plateaus

·
Registered
315 Posts
Def dont lift for a few weeks i suggest to ask your docter if you can goto a sports rehabilitation center if possible. I heard a rip in my shoulder 2 years ago and told myself ahh its nothing and turned down rehab and i regret it now when in training.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts