Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
W00t I'm wearing mine right now. I have two actually. Might give/sell one to echo (you guys might not notice him but he is a good friend of mine, doesn't post much though).

I got hte white one (pics soon).

I ordered a black one but htey were out of black so i got 2 white instead of the one black. Thanks Mr.spanky danky admin! :)

I'm wearing the other one to school tomorrow. Im so 1337.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, echo as in echo.. He has a paintballing monkey in his sig.. ITs animated.. looks like nightvision. I know he's posted in the resident evil thread I've made in the scenario forum

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Phonetic alphabet.// Alpha bravo charlie delta echo foxtrot golf hotel india juliet kilo lima mike novermber oscar papa quebec romeo sierra tango uniform victor whiskey x-ray yankee zulu.

DEIT: Whats funny is.. his name is mike.. I dont know why he didn't choose mike as his phonetic name.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
I'm still having difficulty understanding why you said his name was echo, when in fact it was foxtrot, but back on topic, I'm sure its a very nice t-shirt

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
there is a phonetic alphabet that goes alpha through zulu. I listed all of them. Each letter of the 26 letters we have in the alphabet are substituted for a word.

The reason of this is mainly for radio communication, so if you have a large sequence of numbers, when you say them out loud, its hard to get them confused. ONt he radio, D, G, P, E, B and c all sound alike. But if you say Delta Golf Papa, they sound much differnt adn you can understand it better in staticy conversations or something like that.

Me and mike always played SOCOM: Us Navy SEALs togethor, and we had a clan that all used phonetic names. I was Alpha. He was Echo. His name was echo. ONe time, someoen stole my name and cheated on it, so I changed my name to Foxtrot to avoid confusion/flaming.

Mikes name was always echo. When I think of him adn phonetics or SOCOM, I immediately think of SOCOM. I'm just used to referring to him as echo. Has nothign to do with how it sounds..

Type in phonetic alphabet into google and you might understand a bit.

EDIT: So how bout them T-shirts?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts