Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we're installing a pool in our yard and we can't figure out ho to get the cirlre perfect(we're doing it ourelves. not my choice so dont' flame the idea)

anyway. we got the ground level and now we're putting the bottom of the pool in. the problem is that it's very very difficult to get the circle to match up. got any ideas for me?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Sounds like it's above ground.

Stake in the middle of where it'll be, take a line out from it that's the radius of the circle...walk it around and spray some paint or something?

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
i often draw circles just like torch said.

i usually use a nail and my 100 foot tape measure (its metal, and wont stretch, like string or rope will). basically, pick your center, drive the nail, hook the tape on, measure out your radius, hold your makring device (pen/pencil/paint, w/e) on that mark, and walk in a circle keeping tension on the tape.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahh i see i didn't explain it enough. I'll try to add a littel bit more

yes, it's an above ground pool (27 foot diameter circle..big ass above ground pool)

we got it dug donw and the ground is level... we used the string method to know where to dig down (cuz it's kinda on a hill) if you'ver ever put a pool in you'll know that there is a metal track that the wall sits in. there's 19 sections and connectors for them. it'd be easier is they were like legos and snapped together but they jsut sit there. so our problem is gettgin them all put together in a circle.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh well i guess nobody knows whatI'm talking about. i posted the same question i a pool forum so hopefully they'll know what I'm talkign about.

that for the attempts to help me though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts