Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive played baseball for 6 years, starting pitcher and first base, and had to stop and couldn't play junior year. I'm not sure if it was something I did to myself, or bad training, but I can pop my arm out of socket and back like nothing, whenever I want to, and even sometimes when I don't. Its way too easy, but doesn't hurt, and being terrified of surgery I haven't gotten it checked out. Its nothing new, Ive been this way for a few years now, but its baseball season starting up and I had to prove why I cant play.

Heres the vid: http://defused.us/arm.MPG

EDIT: Oh yeah, have your sound up some, the tv in the background kind of drowns out the popping noise if your volumes not up that much.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
i developed arthritis probably from playing baseball nonstop from about 3rd grade till high school...

i also have short term memory lapses due to a hardcore concussion from a 4 wheeler rollover

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I can pop both of my shoulders out of socket, and have been able to for a long time.

But in 8th grade at practice we were doing a Machine gun drill and I hurt my right shoulder and to this day it still hurts when I do certain things.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sometimes it scares me because I really dont want to get it operated on. That would most likely involve shortening ligaments and stuff. **** i hope i never have to go through it.

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
toXic said:
I can pop both of my shoulders out of socket, and have been able to for a long time.

But in 8th grade at practice we were doing a Machine gun drill and I hurt my right shoulder and to this day it still hurts when I do certain things.
nerve damage dude^^

avvy for me....i guess its not permanent cuz its been fixed for the most part now but yea...

·
TooMuch****inGREENandGREY
1,292 Posts
i had your exact same problem, went through two surgeries and still cant wrestle this year.

I wrestled for 3 minutes with my shoulder completely out of its socket and didn't even know it because my arm went numb.

next year........

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
my knees sound like plastic bags crinkling when i stand up, and they pop whenever i bend them
<3 football

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Doctors told me i developed Tendinitis in both arms or something like that... something about my muscles are permanetely stretched.. i dont really remember this was my freshman year in HS I got his by a 70 mph fast ball twice in my left elbow ( same game different at bats ) it swelled up to the size of a softball and i still hade to play because we only had 9 that day. We were home team and I had been working my left arm up and down the swelling was going down but it hurt like hell and I still played left field the whole rest of the game... ball hit to left-center I got it and through it in and pulled something in my elbow because i through it all the way to homeplate which was never a problem for me. but now I cant do **** with my elbows without you hearing me complain.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I have a burn scar that covers half my left shin and about 1/5 my right shin. It gets a little more faint every year, but I've had it for 8 or 9 years now and its still visible if you didnt know it wasa there.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I disslocated both my shoulders this year in football.. slowed down my season but i got to play toward the end. We just lost semi finals tonight so that sucks..

·
Registered
347 Posts
i just have a bad right hip. I somehow screwed up my knees and right hip doing 7 sports all throught grade school, and running 50 - 60 miles a week so far in high school ( when i can and it dosn't hurt horribly). I have a 2 or 3 year long continuous injury that i still run on it which makes it worse every year. So far i have had multiple diagnosises. They said i had brucitus (which i think i did, but the pain is still there, just not swelled up), hip flexor strain, abdomen strain, and gall stones (wtf? i am 16 how do i get gall stones).

Besides the hip, i am missing a muscle in my right foot because i tore it clear off the bone (which caused the bone to crack off, still got a piece in there after like 4 yrs). Thats all i can think of for now, but i am an accident waiting to happen. Way too many scars and punctures etc.

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
I had surgery on my left shoulder to repair my posterior labrum. It is fixed but a year later I still have pain.

I can almost no feeling in my left handed ring finger. Got in jammed in a face mask and I havent been able to feel it since. Not broken, just numb.

My left knee locks up after sitting down for long periods of time.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
If I have a son he will be a football god. When my brother gets his PT business up I will let my soon sleep in a hyperbaric(sp?) chamber to heal himself all night. And then we will be rich and have all the ho's. :dodgy:

But really football really hurts alot of people if you think about it.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Not to sound like a douche or anything, but he isnt an ultimate fighter. He just started actual training for it on October 19. Also, you have to be tough to be a UF, but its alot different than say playing football.

And if he keeps up with the little ultimate fighter thing, he will get hurt. Just takes time. thumup:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts