Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
More Caffine PLEASE!!!
334 Posts
I'm not sure how much better it really is, seeing as I've only ever used the stock barrel. But I have been doing some reseach on upgrades fora Phantom ingeneral.

I've spoken to only 1 person that has the nickel barrel and he thinks it's great.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/855/ most of the reviews here say the same thing: slightly better acuracy, much easier to clean because of the nickel.

Personally, for the price, as long as it shoots as well as stock, it's a good choice. Especially when compared to the Hammerhead Battle Stix ($144.99), which has also gotten great reviews.

D

·
0 Posts
yeah the stock is great.. its just a pretty large bore size.. and you really want a good match with a stock class gun..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a nickel barrel for a while and I liked it. The bore size was just slightly smaller than the stock so that was helpful.

The Edge or Phreak/Fr-Antom barrels are nice, but I was never totally knocked off my feet by them (especially the SP inserts on the latter). The best barrel, hands down, I've ever used or seen for the phantom is CCI's carbon fiber, but only about 50 or so of those barrels exist and they will probably will never be made again.

·
More Caffine PLEASE!!!
334 Posts
Why worry about it so much? It's $15.30, not a monster investment. Getting a different bore size is par for the course when you buy a barrel. That's what inserts are for. Unfortunately I don't know of anyone that makes Phantom inserts. Hammerhead has one, but only in one size.

·
Bye Bye
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could care less about cost, I'm loaded. :)

My point is.....I can get the stock barrel OR for 15.30 more I can get the nickel barrel. One or the other....

·
Bye Bye
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can't anno nickel from what I understand. Its a nickel plating and only is one color.....nickel.

I think I'll just get the stock barrel since it'll look better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Christian said:
Ya, me too.......so my question is to those of you guys who have HAD both - Is it worth sacrificing looks for a nickel barrel?
In my opinion, no. And yes, I've HAD both.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts