Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just got my phantom and was wondering if I could make the pump pull easier? Like could i get a new spring for the arm or somthing?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
You can take off the pump return spring (the exposed one on the arm). If your going to do that its best to do it now, before you get used to the pump stroke. Also, it accepts autococker springs, so you can change out your springs. Just put in a lighter mainspring, and then a lighter valve spring to compensate for the lost tension. Personally, I like the stroke on my phantom a little stiff, thats just me though.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Also, you need to lube the pump arm. I use vasoline, you can by buy the lipcare kind that comes in a convenient squeeze tube, and its still 100% petroleum jelly. Just take off your trigger frame, and run a bead of it in the groove where the arm goes. Makes a HUGE difference. Don't use it to lube your internals though. Also, like the other guy said, once its broken in, they're butter. Just sit there and pump it in your spare time.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Spyder3188 said:
Pump the action a good 3 or 4,000 times for your gun really get broken in. You would be amazed at how smooth the action is on a well used phantom.
only 4,000?

I just took the spring off.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That is why you keep your hand on the pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts