Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Thats because the phantom is a superior marker, and has been around for about 2 decades. The c3 is quite innovative though, it just never took off because there aren't alot of people who require the convenience of propane as a fuel source. Do you play outlaw ball on private land, where its difficult to get air fills, or do you actually play at an organized field? Just curious.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
Tippmann basically made the C3 only to get the patent, they didn't expect to make much money off of it. Now, since they have the patent, they can develope the technology without worry that other companies will try to develope also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it cant just fade away its just to cool have you ever played with a c3???? you no what they say once you go c3 you never go phantom!!!

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
Semi players have no interest, pump players stick with their "normal pumps", people who don't play worry about the propane...

I havn't played with one myself, and I don't mean to bash it, it just isn't the way of the future. It is basically a prototype, there aren't any upgrades, there are no special leagues, there's nothing. It isn't even stock class.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
I have played with all types of pumps, from phantoms, snipers, and yes the C3 as well. The C3 is an innovative product, but it is made inexpesively, with no upgrades, and there really isn't much of an aftermarket interest in terms of 3rd party parts.

I would disagree that "Once you go C3, you'll never go phantom." I much prefer my phantom for profile, weight, and simplicity. The C3 is bulky, and much heavier then my phantom.

But as with anything in this sport, you play with what you feel comfortable with. If that is the C3 for you, great! It just is not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when it comes to paintball guns does weight really matter? , were talking about a couple of pounds here not the weight of an 84 buick!!!! and i dissagree that the c3 was made cheaply im pretty hard on mine and ive never had any problems with any parts breaking or anything, i think its a tough durable gun its still a tippmann

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i don't find my 5lb setup heavy, which means i can snap that thing in and out all day.

The c3, it's interesting, and i'd like to see the idea show up in a few more markers. The technology hasn't really been pushed.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Tried the C3, didnt like it too much. If im playing with a pump I want it to be light and easy to handle. What i would really like to see is the technology developed into a semi auto marker, and then for the release of 12 gram sized propane tanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
whoa whoa whoa c3 owners unite. but yeah you cant beat a classic like a phantom. quality, precicion, looks, price, and plain ownage stuffed into one package for over a decade. c3 is cool and all but its propane i know people who use them as flamethrowers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts