Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know it sounds weird but do you think it would be possible? I am thinking of buying a phantom for speedball and other sorts of things like that. Would it be effective? Are there any strategies for it? (Note, I'm not getting the stock class)

BTW, hello, I'm new here, I've played paintball for about 8 years though, I've been reffing for about 1 year so far. wave: hope I can be a useful member here.

·
Bye Bye
2,621 Posts
first off, welcome. I'm the pimp around here, remember that.

And to your topic -- yes, I play speedball with my pump all the time, its quite fun actually and requires a ton of skill. Just move around more, thats the only advantage that you have since you have lighter equipment.

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
Christian said:
first off, welcome. I'm the pimp around here, remember that.
That you are Christian that you are...(Christian is the PBF pimp times a bagillion.)
I have seen pump teams take down teams in speedball that have timmies and stuff.It's very possible my friend plays with his pump when we play speedball cause it makes it more fun.

·
Registered
181 Posts
yeah i have only played speedball wiht my phantom so far... it is very very possible. i actually do better wiht my phantom in speedball then i used to with my semi. one time getting 7 out of the 8 people out on the other team.... but of course i was playign a beginner walk on cause it was my friends b-day... but yes there are teams like blowfish etc. that are all pump and play in tournements against semi-auto teams and they do good. having a light gun is a big advantage. try to always get as far as you can on the break then sometimes if nbody saw me, i try to sneak around, and then instead of shooting, i just sit and wait for the 100% hit him shot. my biggest tip though is to take your time if you have it. there have been times when i up so far, another guy suddenly runs up to the bunker to my right, not even notcing me, but i take about 10 seconds for aiming to make sure i get him on my first shot.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Yep it can be done. I know in like the PSP Miami last year some guy w/ a pump took out a whole team. The team wasn't able to advance past qualifiers b/c of that pump dude.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats kewl. I was reffing today and saw a few people with pumps play on a CTF urban map. I never saw them get out, but it was a big game so I dont know. I am really excited about getting a phantom.... I dont have any money though lol.... Anyone want to donate a pump marker?

·
I hate stupid people.
66 Posts
my friend shoots a phantom and plays airball with it sometimes. Its is rather difficult, but very rewarding (builds lots o skill)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts