Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Into the whole Yale thing
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought that it was worthy of mention :hug:

Glad to see Mr. Phelps smokes with only the finest of utilities, citing that glass on glass RooR bong. rollin:

Lots of talk about his career. I wonder how they will rule (there is a 4-year ban on drug abuse for swimming i believe AKA no 2012 olympics)... they all refused to comment, I bet they let it slide somehow :cool:

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well considering he isn't doing any competition for a while, it'll be long gone from his system by the time he does compete, therefore nothing will happen to him, the IOC recognizes that it was a lapse in judgement, as do his sponsors (so far) so basically he's gonna get off scott free, just with a slightly worse public image

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
This is a perfect example of a non-issue being blown up into some sort of horrible thing. It's dumb and pointless. What Phelps does in his free time for enjoyment is his buisness, seeing as how it wasn't used to the ends of improving his performance this type of thing should not even see the light of day as a topic for the news.

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
Just thought that it was worthy of mention :hug:

Glad to see Mr. Phelps smokes with only the finest of utilities, citing that glass on glass RooR bong. rollin:

Lots of talk about his career. I wonder how they will rule (there is a 4-year ban on drug abuse for swimming i believe AKA no 2012 olympics)... they all refused to comment, I bet they let it slide somehow :cool:
but marijuana is not classed as a performance enhancing drug. so im pretty sure its not going to effect his chances of the next olympics.

also, i wish this thread was in the main lounge. I agree with mspainter do you know who else smoked week? BARACK OBAMA he admitted to it. in fact he said he would lower penalties on marijuana use. Think about it if barack would have been arrested for smoking weed and charged he would most certainly not be president right now. so look what it did for him not getting in trouble.

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
This is a perfect example of a non-issue being blown up into some sort of horrible thing. It's dumb and pointless. What Phelps does in his free time for enjoyment is his buisness, seeing as how it wasn't used to the ends of improving his performance this type of thing should not even see the light of day as a topic for the news.
I agree ive been watching the news on this. I was mad not at the fact that they thought it was wrong(they have there own opinion and are told to say it) but that it was blown up so huge as such a bad thing.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
My friends have pictures on their facebooks which clearly show then hitting the bong. However, they aren't being prosecuted or arrested. There is no investigation with them..

I do agree with the last few statements. The media doesn't need to spread this like they are.

·
Into the whole Yale thing
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope he doesn't compete in the 2012 olympics...but he just doesn't seem like the martyr type.

And Kellogg dropping sponsorship, what a bunch of cock-hugging hypocrites. Getting a DUI is ok and in accordance with kellogg's image, but certainly not a bong rip at a party, no way. I think that says plenty about their image, lulz.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
You do realize that Phelps had the DUI a few years before they sponsored him.. meaning that they might have thought that phelps had changed himself... That or their hipocrites. I really can't say.
My money is on hypocrites.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
should? anyways, 3 month ban, eh? IMO, that's ridiculous, what he (or anyone) does on their own is their business.
Not quite. When you're a multiple gold medal winner, like it or not you become a role model. And role models need to preserve a pristine image. If what he does on his own time is his own business, he needs to make sure it is kept as his own business. Doesn't matter what you think of the laws, he's breaking the law and needs to prepare for the consequences.

I hope he doesn't compete in the 2012 olympics...but he just doesn't seem like the martyr type.

And Kellogg dropping sponsorship, what a bunch of cock-hugging hypocrites. Getting a DUI is ok and in accordance with kellogg's image, but certainly not a bong rip at a party, no way. I think that says plenty about their image, lulz.
You can't blame Kellogg for dropping the sponsorship. It is their money, and they sponsor with private dollars. Unlike a financial company who will not be named who has received billions in federal aid, and donates $20 million a year to the Mets to keep their name on the stadium. Aka taxpayers pay for crappy Mets players to lose. Kellogg has a right to choose where they take their $100 million(Phelps' projected lifetime income with Kellogg) of private dollars elsewhere.

That being said, I agree with your statement about the DUI. While I subjectively think driving while high is safer than driving while drunk, not all may agree. I think a DUI should be taken more seriously than it is, but there are plenty of crazies who think weed is the devil and alcohol is just a nuisance.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts