Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here know any phones that can take a hit with a paintball? I don't want to keep my iPhone in my pocket, even with a case, I don't trust it, so is there a phone easily available in canada for fido or unlocked that can take a hit? I am in the GTA.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
My old motorola L6 wouldnt die, no matter how hard i tried. It took a metal vice to kill the ****ing thing.

My next phone is going to be durable, but have all the cool new features. I haven't decided on it yet.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I'd trust the iPhone would be fine. My buddy got cut off from an SUV when he was riding his sport bike last year and hit the ground hard. He has an iPhone and nothing happened to it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't trust it, at all. The iPhone, maybe, but the iPhone 3G with the plastic back, hell no. Especially since if anything happens to my phone I can't get another for 3 years. Because my mom broke my last one and my dad blamed it on me, and because cancelling my plan was expensive, and because replacing the iPhone would be really expensive. So i'd rather not take a chance :D. Also it would be cheaper to get a new phone instead of a really good case seeing how expensive cases are. I was looking at the motorola razr classic or nokia 3500, both for $100 each, man, I get answers faster from here than cell phone forums!

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I don't trust it, at all. The iPhone, maybe, but the iPhone 3G with the plastic back, hell no. Especially since if anything happens to my phone I can't get another for 3 years. Because my mom broke my last one and my dad blamed it on me, and because cancelling my plan was expensive, and because replacing the iPhone would be really expensive. So i'd rather not take a chance :D. Also it would be cheaper to get a new phone instead of a really good case seeing how expensive cases are. I was looking at the motorola razr classic or nokia 3500, both for $100 each, man, I get answers faster from here than cell phone forums!
I paid $200 for my 1st generation iPhone with no contract. If you want, I've got a phone I'd sell you. It's a Samsung Sync and has seen better days but it works great. It's definitely taken a beating. I don't really need it though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Tried that, kept it in a locker, but i get calls throughout the day, need to tell people where I am and I ended up spending 15 bucks on a locker. So if I go paintballing 7 times that will pay off my new phone and my friends don't have phones so they all need to use mine.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
People will manage not knowing where you are. I keep mine in my bag and check it every time we go back to the staging area, so every 30 minutes or so. Hell if there are some shady people, I keep it in my car. My parents know where I am, Im always with my friends who would usually call me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where do you keep your bag? I keep my stuff in a locker if i need to, then i get screwed because everytime i open it for my phone i have to pay a buck so that ends up costing a lot.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
People don't respect anything around here, hell, they don't even throw their used paper towels away and they pop paintballs on the ground. I have a half finished drink one time and I hid it, after I came back it was spilled on the floor (it was a bottle with the cap tightly on). That is why I use the lockers

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Put it in your car.
Hell if I frequented a field that had bad theft issues, id either a: switch fields or b: talk to the owner.

I still say the best way is to just turn your phone off and leave it in your car. Your playing paintball, you can live for a few hours without texting some chick.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Tried that, kept it in a locker, but i get calls throughout the day, need to tell people where I am and I ended up spending 15 bucks on a locker. So if I go paintballing 7 times that will pay off my new phone and my friends don't have phones so they all need to use mine.
ya because everyone must know what your doing or the world may end........

they got this new invention, its called the "off" button

if your friends use your phone so much, just charge them, it will pay for the locker

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't have a car, I get dropped off at 10 am to play get picked up at 7 pm to go home, me and a few friends go like that. Also, we get picked up by a different person than the person that drops us off

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, and lol at charging them for using my phone, they'll think I just want money because they are not like super rich or anything, their parents give 'em money to go paintballing, once they're out, they're out and they gotta sit out.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thats what i did my first time and my mom got mad because she expects everyone to be out and have all their stuff by the time she gets their, she isn't patient... at all

1 - 20 of 35 Posts