Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
What exactly is he doing? I take it you used a tripod and a rather slow shutter speed? 1/30th? 1? Also, what type of camera? Lens?

I've recently taken a few pictures that I am quite proud of. I have one of them on a PBase account that I will post.

I'll see if I can get the other picture resized.
BTW, go to www.pbase.com/cvbjr to see more pics. My pics are in the second Porsche club folder. The other pictures are my dad's. I haven't had time to resize enough of my pictures to post them on there.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea lets make this a photo class thread, or something of that sort for everyone in a photo class.

shawn-it is actually a 30 second exposure(full half minute) i depressed the button, then ran over in front of him, and he lit and dropped as many matches as he could in 30 seconds. it was a canon rebel and i used the stock lens that came with it(35-80mm and had it on 35 mm. i enlarged just that portion so that the backround that was lit up by the matches didnt end up in the picture. the only tough part was flexing and standing still at the same time for 30 full seconds, to avoid blur. its not best quality here cuz my scanner isnt the best there is

anyone else...feel free to post your photo class pics!

·
Banned
546 Posts
Dropping matches, eh? Pretty unique ides I'm not much into portraits, but I surely can appreciate the good ones. I hope to become a motorsports photgrapher one day, and my father and I try to go to as many as the track events they have at the local track; to get practice. I can't wait until April 15-18 because I will be in Houston at the O'Reily Spring Nationals. It's going to be fun, and I hope to snag some good shots. BTW, my picture that I posted above was taken a 1/60th of a second on a Canon D60 with a 100-300mm lens.

Also, I agree with making this a photgraphy thread. Keep it up, guys.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1/60th? did you pan it or something cuz those cars are moving fast. and were you busting a tripod? im not too much into the sports photos, but those are some pretty tight blur shots you took...i take it you have a digital slr? im nor sure what a D60 is so im curious

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
What is fun is to do the same thing but with "multiple exposures" Instead of you standing still, after each match, move so there are many of you. You can do the same thing with a timed strobe or pan flash. You can really get some funky shots that way. Like take a picth black room full of furniture and open the shutter all the way, flash the strobe, then move, flash the strobe, move, etc. until you get a picture of you sitting in all the chairs at the same time. Lots of fun..

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea...i love how the possibilites are unlimited

heres one that is kinda like you said...except my lighting instrument of choice is a narrow beam flashlight....and fire :)

edit: thats kevin and one of his surfboards(yes, all three of those boards are the exact 1 same board...tricks of the trade

Attachments

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
I like! Its like you have a bunch of ghost surfboards!! Oh wait.. they ARE surfboards... Cool pic.. I love black and white. Something about the crispness in the contrast really makes the photo for me. (I was a photo weenie for years in HS)
One other fun thing is to have a flash from one side of the room on just your profile, then move slightly to one side and flash from the other -- gives you kinda a "split" profile look - or if you can block it out really well, do it with two people so there are 1/2 of each of you.. Keep at it..

·
Banned
546 Posts
dhill0413 said:
1/60th? did you pan it or something cuz those cars are moving fast. and were you busting a tripod? im not too much into the sports photos, but those are some pretty tight blur shots you took...i take it you have a digital slr? im nor sure what a D60 is so im curious
Yes, I panned, and no, I don't use a tri-pod unless I'm shooting really slowly. The D60 is a Digital SLR just as is the 1D. That surfboard shot is really awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts