Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got photoshop (THANKS DANZIG!!!!!:D :D ) but I know nothing about how to use it. (Well, the basics, but nothing more). Anyone have any manuals or links to manuals or anything? Thanks in advance!!!

·
\/ My First avitar \/
1,673 Posts
I would ask Mr.Paintball Remix =-). From what I have seen he is very good at PhotoShop! Defenetally talk to him.

~KidPaintball~

·
Registered
230 Posts
No problem bro I have had photo shop for about 8 months and I still cant do much with it but they do sell books to learn it at staples or best buy or frys

·
Registered
230 Posts
cool thanx , why didnt I think of that?.never mind don't answer that

·
Registered
72 Posts
Leper Messiah said:
I just got photoshop (THANKS DANZIG!!!!!:D :D ) but I know nothing about how to use it. (Well, the basics, but nothing more). Anyone have any manuals or links to manuals or anything? Thanks in advance!!!
Try the documentation you got when you PURCHASED the program. also try the Help section.

The best book is "Photoshop WOW"

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Photoshop Help

TrashTrampoline said:
Try the documentation you got when you PURCHASED the program. also try the Help section.

The best book is "Photoshop WOW"
Purchase? What is this purchase you speak of??:D

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
I have to degree- to an extent- with fainTB. When I got photoshop long ago in my younger, more reckless days, I didn't have any manuals and messed around with it and eventually learned the ways of how to use the program.

The problem with photoshop is its steep learning curve- because it's meant for professionals that know how to use similar software, it's almost impossible to learn from scratch within a short amount of time.

Like the other guys have been saying, go to your local bookstore/office supply store and purchase a book or two about how to use photoshop. I personally went to Barnes & Noble because they have a huge section just for books like this, and I bought a book for less than $20 that really helped clarify the tools and methods you need to be successful with photoshop.

Just make sure you get a book that pertains to your version! For example, my photoshop 6 book that I got a long time ago while still useful (because most things stay the same through newer versions), would not suit me very well now that I upgraded to Photoshop 7 because the way the different tools interact with each other is different.

But then again...things change, so that's why they made it a new version number ;)

No matter what, good luck with photoshop! It is a wonderful program and you can create anything you envision your mind with it. I highly recommend getting a tutorial book for it so it makes it that much easier to pick up on all of its advanced features! thumup:

Of course, if you are more into creating things from scratch, I highly recommend Adobe Illustrator 10. Photoshop is meant to compile images and modify them, but with Illustrator you can start from scratch and make original designs and graphics.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions! There are plenty of us here on PBF that use photoshop, so don't be afraid to ask! :)

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i learned photoshop and flash by just messing around with crap, but there are a million tutorials online, and you can get photosop for dummies books at ur library

·
Registered
52 Posts
most of what i learned was just messing around with tutorials and entering other filters or 3rd party programs into the steps. it's really easy one you get into making them constantly.

·
Jewstin
4,341 Posts
well you don't need a book. It really helps to figure it out by yourself. But you know i'm pretty d4mn good at photoshop so lemme know if you need help. Later

www.spoono.com
www.tutorialforums.com

:D the best ^^^

1 - 16 of 16 Posts