Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My school's having a book sale this week. The prices are kickass. some of them are a little damaged and i think thats why theyre cheap..

I picked up all these for 36 bucks.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pick me up a copy of Hamlet from those Signet Classic Shakespeare's. My copy of Hamlet doesn't have line numbers, which I need for my class.

-Jin
I dug through the stacks trying to find a copy of Hamlet, no luck. They have new books out every day though, so hopefully they'll bring it out. I was also also hoping to find a copy of 1984, no luck so far.

I had a copy of Tao Te Ching but didn't have enough cash to get it along with the rest.. so I had to put it back, I went to get it today but it was gone.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just read macbeth, its ok, but it takes me time to understand shakespeare but i do get it. Good story but not for me.
Ah yeah. Macbeth and Hamlet are my favourite Shakespeare plays. I haven't read Othello yet, but it sounds promising.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Hamlet is my favorite. Great choices though, wish my school had book sales.
I wish I had money...

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
I'll be reading a lot of Shakespeare this year. Currently in a Shakespeare On Stage class where we read Romeo & Juliet, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Twelfth Night or What You Will, and Hamlet. Twelfth Night I hadn't read, seen, or done before, so that was fun. Next quarter I'm signed up for a Shakespeare Tragedy course. I just declared both of my minors, and one is Theatre Arts.

-Jin

·
Registered
904 Posts
I didn't really start enjoying shakespeare until I got into my current english class. She explains **** really well and makes it to where we understand it. *Basically translatin*.

On a lighter, immature, un intelligent note:
In 9th grade, we read Romeo and Juliet. We also watched the ORIGINAL ole timey movie based on it. Lemme tell u somethin. I've seen 13 year olds. Juliets tits weren't those of a 13 year old...
*in a class of 9th grade boys, seein titties at school in a movie is mindboggling thing at northeast*

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
I actually enjoyed the Leanardo Dicapro version of Hamelet. I thought that the vision of setting it in a gang war contemporary translated fairly well, even using the 'original' verbiage and script.

By far, McBeth is my favorite, followed by Midsummer Nights Dream.. I had an entrire set of Shakespeare in leather bound mini books, but they were destroyed when my house burned down in 2003.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Get to the important stuff.

How are you gonna burn them?

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
omg 1984 is a great book. totally changed my entire mindset on life. Shakespeare is great too, just amazing literature in general. I need to start to read again lol, getting rusty, and err, stupider. damn wikipedia, such an easy source of info :(

Edit: btw, can you post a pic of the Freud book's cover?

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
I just bought, I am America and so can you. Haven't started it yet though. I've heard its pretty good. I haven't read any of those books.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Jeez, that's like every book I've ever had to read for school (besides 1984, Beowulf, Animal Farm, Catcher in the Rye, and a few others).

Which reminds me, one day I need to buy a book shelf that fits all my text books and other favorite books. Right now they aren't organized at all, which makes it a pain to look stuff up.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I just picked up a copy of the Malleus Maleficarum not too long ago. That's a fun one to read if you can find it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts