Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Nice man. Hows the Xecuter 3? I have a 2.1 Lite Plus. Old old stuff. Still works.

Could you help me out on Evox and installing a bigger HD? I'm having one hell of a time with it. =/

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes you can open your xbox up by using a t-15 torx screw driver and on the bottom take of the pads and there will be screws, un screw those and there is one or 2 under the stickers i dont know which one so u will have to find out, then the top comes off easy. just DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER SUPPLY UNLESS THE XBOX HAS BEEN OFF FOR A FEW DAYS it will shock the hell outta ya, its happened to me too many times.

·
Bang Bang Bang
1,615 Posts
i dunno whats been loaded onto mine. som Linux software. i run evox, i have the stock harddrive still. i have halo 2 on it and thats it, lol. not enough room. wheres the cheapest. and best place you have found a harddrive? i need to get a larger one on mine, like a 120 gig atleast.

i dont have the lights behind the controller ports but i did change my startup light to a blue one. i painted mine a silver X wiith chameleon green elsewhere.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
crazymofo1919 said:
yes you can open your xbox up by using a t-15 torx screw driver and on the bottom take of the pads and there will be screws, un screw those and there is one or 2 under the stickers i dont know which one so u will have to find out, then the top comes off easy. just DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER SUPPLY UNLESS THE XBOX HAS BEEN OFF FOR A FEW DAYS it will shock the hell outta ya, its happened to me too many times.
it shocks you because of the capacitor. in many modern electronics a capacitor holds a charge for quick power-on. theres a way to discharge the capacitor charge but im not sure how.

oh ya and in some devices(large screen tv's) the charge can be lethal

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Discharge a capacitor by letting it sit for a day or so, unplugged. Sometimes longer for larger capacitors.

A quick and dirty way would be to short them with a screwdriver blade or so forth, but I wouldn't recommend that for anything you care about. Shorting them with a bleeding resistor is a much better way, but you would need one that is rated for the voltage and current it will face, and you might very well get shocked trying to attach it.

·
Almost leet
1,999 Posts
How could the stock harddrive not have enough room for just Halo2. I have aorund 200 songs on mine and i still have 100,000 blocks or is it 50,000 one of those.

and I have Halo, Halo2, Ghost Recon1 and 2 counterstricke.

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
Nice, i'm getting one of those full sticker kits and a jewel sticker soon for xbox.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts