Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the ****... is it just me or does someone else have a problem swallowing pills

Ok, the last 3 days I took my sleeping meds and anti-depressants fine... and now for some lame ****ing reason my throat is closing up and i cant swallow my sleeping pills

im ****ed w.o em right now

·
Crack
1,233 Posts
I HAD the same problem....This is what i did to overcome it...I take a hunk of bread...chew it up till its mush in your mouth...then right as ur gonna swallow...throw the pill in the mush and down they go...

Eventually youll need less bread each time until you can just dry force it down like i can now.

This serioulsy worked for me. I never use a liquid to aid it down..i found that made it worse cause my brain was worried about something and my tounge woulndt push it down.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm drinking it with something.. yeah somedays im fine too, can i crush these? Are all pills crushable?

Edit; yeah um.. I can't eat bread I have celiac disease lol

·
Crack
1,233 Posts
Umm..well then dont use bread...us like a cookie...just chew it till its mush in your mouth and when youd be ready to swallow...throw the pill in and swallow it all down.

Voilia...may take a you a few times tho but its the easiest way i can think of. Your tricking your brain into thinking your swallowing down food so you dont have that pill feeling in your mouth.

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
PBNewbie69 said:
I'm drinking it with something.. yeah somedays im fine too, can i crush these? Are all pills crushable?

Edit; yeah um.. I can't eat bread I have celiac disease lol
You can't crush them if there is liquid inside. Well...you can, but the liquid inside tastes horrible and will probably make you gag it back up.

Instead of bread, you could try some other kind of food that is soft, it should work...

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can swallow pills fine normally today im just ****ed lol

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I've really never had any problems swallowing pills.

·
hotty supreme
2,265 Posts
i just put the pill in, pour some water in my mouth, and then swallow the water, pill goes right with it, i dont feel the pill, all is well. last time i tried to just swallow a pill without water i started choking and about died. which reminds me..

one time in the 5th grade i was being cool and throwing sweet tarts up in the air and them catching them in my mouth. and then once i put my head a little too far back and it went straight into my throat and i started choking and running around in little circles hitting myself and coughing to try to get it out and my friends laughed at me thinking i was making it up....bastards. :dodgy:

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
Tilt your head down when you swallow the pill. It's a myth that looking up and straightening your neck will help it go down easier. Look down and then try swallowing, that WILL help.

And no I'm not bull****ting you, it works.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts