Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The World Is Yours
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was lifting the other day. i was doing vertical row and all of a sudden it felt like someone came behind me and just jabbed me and electricity whent all through my upper back. i took the weekend off and just like 10 minutes ago i was walking down the hall and i went to scratch my neck and the same feeling happened.. what should i do?

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
yea sounds like you might have pinched a nerve. any numbness, or tingling in certain areas? see a doctor, but dont stop lifting unless it makes the nerve go crazy (though i dont have much nerve experience, i must admit.. thats just what i would do)

352 Posts
yea go see a doctor, it's most likely a pinched nerve.

D

·
0 Posts
oh you kids and youre lifting.. coincidentally I had just whipped out the old barbells and was lifting for fun. I could never take it so seriosuly though. If i did id be ripped though. I gain muscle mass ridiculously fast.

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
i believe the correct word is "impinged" my ulnar nerve (funny bone) is impinged and wenever it gets hit my whole are from my elbow down goes numb and incredibly weak. i am having surgrey after wrestling is over. go to a doctor now, cuz we just sat around hoping mine would heal naturally (after the bone break healed) and now theres prolly no other way to fix it cuz the bone is pinching it against another one. sucks big time. so go to the doctor ASAP to get it checked out. nerves are nothing to mess around with.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
stretch it out, massage it yourself. do lots of stretching.

if that doesnt work, go get a deep tissure massage, tell the masseuse you have a something pinched in "this area" and have them knead it out.

if that doesnt work, and it hurts or is tingly/numb, go see a doctor.

and, to prevent pinched anythings in the future, do the exercise right. slow down, slow up, nice an controlled. you do your lifts right and you wont have any nerve problems.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Skate and Paint said:
i believe the correct word is "impinged" my ulnar nerve (funny bone) is impinged and wenever it gets hit my whole are from my elbow down goes numb and incredibly weak. i am having surgrey after wrestling is over. go to a doctor now, cuz we just sat around hoping mine would heal naturally (after the bone break healed) and now theres prolly no other way to fix it cuz the bone is pinching it against another one. sucks big time. so go to the doctor ASAP to get it checked out. nerves are nothing to mess around with.
we call those stingers. a few times last year in rugby id get hit right in the funny bone and my elbow down would go numb. theres only 6 subs for 15 players in 80 minutes of rugby....so ya just gotta work it out fast as possible while still playing.

·
Banned
4,821 Posts
Ha, man. My neck is so messed up. I hyperextended it so many times, then i pinched a nerve in it about 2 times. It needs corrective surgery, if i jerk my neck (not sexual) to the left or right really hard it hyperextends. It's something that stays with you, i was in physical theropy for 3 months man. :( Then i get stingers from time to time from other sports and it sucks.

Sorry to hear that happened to you too man. Get well Ben.

·
see you at the 50
446 Posts
yeah i have a annoying neck twitch, about 3-4 times a month it hits me, sharp sting jolts through my neck and i tense up my face/neck and clench my teeth and make a dumb face....pulling my sterno mastoid muscle on the left side of my neck was much more annoying/painful through ... it felt like my neck was broken. I'd be a little cautious about that type of sting going through my whole back though, get that checked out.

·
Banned
4,821 Posts
auto maggot said:
yeah i have a annoying neck twitch, about 3-4 times a month it hits me, sharp sting jolts through my neck and i tense up my face/neck and clench my teeth and make a dumb face....pulling my sterno mastoid muscle on the left side of my neck was much more annoying/painful through ... it felt like my neck was broken. I'd be a little cautious about that type of sting going through my whole back though, get that checked out.
That's exactly what i pulled on my left side. I pulled the right side of my neck also.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i pinched a nerve in my neck once when i was playing hockey. as a goalie, i ahd to turn my neck really quickly a lot of times when watching the puck. one time in practice it happened and i felt like someone took an icicle and stabbed me in the back of the bottom part of my head

1 - 13 of 13 Posts