Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a new 43' flat screen plasma TV, i hooked it up through my cable box and the DVD player to input 4, but the picture is blurry. its not detailed and all the letters and small details on the screen are hard to make out. Does any one know anything about the plasma TV and how to set them up correctly? i looked through the menu and there isnt much there, its basicelly only stuff like contrast, color, brightness etc... any one know anything?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
something probally needs to be adjusted, maybe call the place you got it from or the manufacturer and see whats up with it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Dude, I work at Radio Shack and I used to work at Magnolia Hi-Fi. PM me if need questions, I need to know some info though. There are numerous things it could be.

One: If you are getting a blurry pic through the cable TV, or through the DVD, or both. If its from the cable, try and new RJ6 cable (50ohm coax) with GOLD plated connecters from the wall to the box. If its from the DVD player, and its NOT a proggressive scan (signal de-interpolation matrix capable) that may be the problem, ALOT of the HD tv ready monitors WILL not work without proggressive scan on the DVD player, but some will. Check the manual. If you are getting a fuzzy screen on both DVD and reg tv, it may be a more serious fix. Also, SOMETIMES i have heard that certain wave forms around the TV itself CAN effect screen resolution (plasma is ionized after all). BUt that is extremely rare! So yeah aim me or pm if you cant figure it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts