Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a closer for my varsiety baseball team. We had a triple-header today. I got a save the first game. In the third game coach needed a Starting Pitcher, so I volunteered. I threw a 2 seam, Circle Change. Knucklecurve and a knuckleball most of the time. Since it was hot, my Kball rocked. I was able to go 8 innings with 6 hits and 2 runs allowed. We won too so I may get to be a starting pitcher. My arm wasnt even sore because a knuckleball requires no energy.

list some pitches you throw if you pitch and if you dont just discuss baseball.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
it is trust me. the euphus or however you spell it is the best pitch you could every even think about dreaming about.

·
Registered
371 Posts
whats the difference between pitches?

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
Some curve, some are faster, some are slower

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
each different pitch has different finger positions, and different release methods.

knuckleball can be the slowest pitch, but the hardest to hit because it is released with little or no spin, so the ball moves in whatever direction it feels

·
Blue Barracudas.
1,585 Posts
i throw 2 seam and 4 seam fastballs, knuckleball, and knucklecurve.......im only 13 idk how u throw your pitches but all of mine i dont have to flick my wrist so i can throw them without hurting my arm

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Snake said:
whats the difference between pitches?
the different types of pitches are used to fool the batter. for example: a right handed pitcher throws a curveball to a right handed batter. the ball starts towards the inside part of the plate and then moves out over the plate.

·
Registered
371 Posts
ok i kinda get it now im not really into sports just music and adrinalin rushes

·
Banned
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probably the best pitch in baseball is the change-up. Batting it's the pitch I fear most if it's effective. Fastaballs, curves, sliders, they are all easy to hit, but a change up is a pain.

My knucklball yesterday was workin real real nice. I had alot of side-to-side wobble and pitched it for alot of outs.

My next start is this Thursday, I'll post again how I do. My coach is putting me as a Starter for a few games to see ow I do. Time Wakefield time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i used to pitch kinda but not anymore, i could throw a fastball and slider i was 12 when i pitched

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
i play 3rd base. sometimes i mess around and pitch in batting practice, and i have a pretty good knuckle curve. how fast do you throw? i can barely throw 70's cuz im no pitcher, but last year our best pitcher throw mid nineties and our second best through high 80's, but he through his arm out. we are only 3a tho

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
our baseball team is ok... our real skill lies in the lacross (division champs last year, coming to the championship game this week for this year) the football team (always gets second... frustrating) and the soccer team, who has a buncha regular good players who play well as a team and like 5 kids who are just freakin insane at soccer (for instance a ninth grader kid from czech republic this year made starting lineup varsity no problem... he can juggle infinitely behind his back with the backs of his feet... insane)

but yea i guess we are ok as a baseball team but nothing to brag about

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well unless you are experienced and good with it, a knuckle ball is not a very good pitch, kinda like a crappy changeup. I used to throw mid 60's, but I quit baseball because I have no power when I hit. That was two years ago. I was pretty good at fielding, but thats not important anymore. I recently hurt my shoulder, when I was wrestling, so now I throw like a girl.

·
Banned
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, my knuckleball is good enough to pitch for OUTS. If the weather is hot, my Kball is hot and I'm hot. If it's cold, I'm going with fastball, Curce, Circle change...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts