Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made the second cuts out of three sets for a team that is fully sponsored by planet eclipse and virtue
I need to know if i should get the geo or ego if i make the team (it looks as if i will because they need a good smaller snake to all around player)
Geo 3 vs ego 13
Spool vs poppet
Idc about efficiency, maintenance, or reliability
I want a tight gun that has a decent shot where i can get in a snake and not feel like im shooting a rifle or a cannon
Current snake guns are alien invasion and my shocker
I guess i will start looking for reviews now and hopefully test both guns here soon to decide though

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
There is no special marker to use as a snake. Get the one you like the most and that feels the best in your personal preference. you want a small setup? get a small tank, it blew me away when I started playing with my small boobie tank

do you have to buy a brand new marker? a used Geo can be had for a decent price, as can an ego 11

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not buying it when i join this team i get one from eclipse.
If i was buying it i would be using a gun i already own.
I play with a 45/50 normally so i use a little tank and i feel my arms are in my chest when i use a boobie tank, they are just really uncomfortable to me. It could also be that im 6'1" but some people bigger than me use them though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
There is no special marker to use as a snake. Get the one you like the most and that feels the best in your personal preference. you want a small setup? get a small tank, it blew me away when I started playing with my small boobie tank

do you have to buy a brand new marker? a used Geo can be had for a decent price, as can an ego 11

True, but I'd rather not worry too much about foreign particles entering my gun while crawling around. If I were playing back, I'd shoot the Ego - based on preference, but if I was a snake player, I'd shoot the Geo - just me, I like getting dirty lol

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
I've used stacked tube poppets my entire life and i've never had issues, nor worried about dirt or debris getting in my bolt. I mostly play snake as well and have found many undesirable conditions.

In case you didn't know, I'm also quite passionately hate spool valve markers. I've owned a few(pm8, pm6) and they're always finicky, and I also don't like how they shoot. My teammates have also had issues with spool valves, and most have moved on to other things.

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I prefer a spool over a poppet any day with the exception of this case
The geo and ego honestly do not have that much of a different shot quality
Ego is a nice high end poppet
Geo is a crappy high end spool
The geo is a bit smoother and quiet but the ego is more comfortable and more reliable if im playing in a tourney

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea actually i did some research and they are sponsored by empire and eclipse not virtue and eclipse
So i will be getting a prophecy, e-flex, and a ego/geo
I guess i will have to wai and see though which gun i get
The ego in my hands seems a bit more comfortable but i havent held the ego13 or the geo3

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
They said they were going to release a new one a while back. Nothing official yet on specs or appearance, just they plan to make one.

Shouldn't be hard. Mill a little more off of the Ego11 and find/steal a couple mods people have done to their ego11's, and you have a top seller.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
From what I've read, the Ego13 is/will be basically designed around the DART.
this isn't shocking, considering what the g6r did to ego sales.

I also have heard first hand from an ego tech that there will definitely be an ego 13. When we were at PSP chicago, a teammate of mine took his ego 11 in for service, and they ended up giving him the solenoid for "the new ego". I'm not sure what was different about them though.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
so with the dart bolt they in essence just made the bolt assembly weigh more? i get the idea behind that that more mass = less LPR pressure

they also say the valve assembly changed and i see that i just dont get what they did there

damn what happened to the days when bolts were $20?

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
They realized people will pay lots of money for a smooth shot.
gone are the days of the arms race, the thing to do now is provide a smooth shot and use as little air as possible. Honestly, I think this is much more productive than trying to get your marker to fie as fast as it can.

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey i forgot to tell yal i made the team and i have a purple/green ego 11 on the way :)
I had to sign a bunch of stuff saying i wont quit the team once i get the gun and so now i am legally responsible for this gun
So now i can say i have a joker ego

1 - 20 of 23 Posts