Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally getting DSL in about 2 weeks, so I thought it would be ideal to get some online games for Christmas. I was looking at Planetside but turned away when I saw you had to pay $13 a month for it. It's not like that's a lot of money, I just don't feel like having to line up more bills and ordering info. But I have been looking at BF 1942 for some time. Do any of you know if it's free or does it cost money. Also, if you play it, how do you like it?

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
it is free to play on gamespy, but make sure your computer can handle it, which i thought it did, and i still have my box laying aroudn waiting for a new vid card

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
just my opinion, half-life mods are insanely good online play...ut2k3 is fun as well if you like fast paced games...for slower games get bf1942 but have a darn good computer...and if you really wanna get blown away, i suggest getting half-life 2 when it comes out...all of those are great...oh wait i forgot cs but i think everyone and their mother plays cs so yeah lol

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
planetside is one of the best online games i have ever played if not the best PC online game. only problem is u have to pay (i didn't know bout gamespy being free). i am a cheap bastard so i didn't get it. i highly recomend that though. there r TONS of online games, DL demo's and try them out

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that's the only thing that made me not wanna get Planet Side. I read up about it and it sounded SOOOO cool. It's so damn big, but it costs money. So I don't think I'm gonna go with it.

I will be playing CS also. I have all of the Half life games, and that's one of them.

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I get DSL, I will be played BF 1942, Rouge Spear and Starcraft (I already play those, but I will be able to play bigger games), America's Army, and CS. :D Oh yeah, I'm, excited.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the only two games I am playing:
1. half-life and mods. OMG go but this freaking game right now if you don't have it drop what ou doing and go get it. bets game i ever bought. mods rule.
2. bf1942 and mods. not as good as half life but way more realistic. bit slower and the vehicles are much better. desert combat mod is quickly becoming the next the next counter strike.

be careful tho. Valve (hlaf-life's makers for those of you who live under a rock.) has released a new multiplayer game finder thingy called and they getting ready to pull the plug on the old one. it called steam and it sucks. it crashes and is filled with bugs. but the old thingy is sill up and it has half the people still on it (like 10000 servers) so as long as they stay valve cant shut down the servers without losing half of their community. it is a big mistake and needs to be boycotted.

and to think... i thought microsof t could only make blunders this big :rolleyes:

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is bf broadband only? Because once I get DSl I am going to be Dial up discriminant. I wont want people with Dialup lagging up a server on Bf. Well hey, thats why I don't play it now!

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I just got the word that DSL is FINALLY avalabile, it's only a matter of days. So when you say most of the games are broadband, do you mean like the host or server can set what kinda connection he wants to play in that game? Or there just aren't many dial up people on the game?

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
both. most dial uppers have givenup on gaming. chances are, if you have dial up, you have a **** computer. it's just te way thingsa re. you can't run a good server for any game on anything less than broadband. it just doesn't work out too well. everyone has 300+ ping and it just sucks. so once you get broadband you'll be set.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts