Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Broke my nose last week playing soccer. Went under the knife on Wednesday to reduce the fracture.No sports for me for 30 days. I will be going through heavy withdrawal. :(

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's mostly my fists that are angry. It just hurts my nose to show expression so I use the most neutral expression I could muster. I'm going to try and shave before I go to work today, but my face is all swollen so it should be interesting.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was gonna ask them to do some extra work as long as they were putting me under. I mean, who couldn't use a set of double D's?

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Apparently there was some sort of error with a picture I posted. I apologize to chrome and anybody else who happened upon it before it was removed. When I follow the link it gives me an innocent picture, when others follow, something not quite so innocent. It has been deleted so no further damage will be done.

Edit/update: case closed, the kid did some sort of coding to make the pic change to goatse if you linked his pictures to a forum. I missed the disclaimer when I did my search for a pic. My bad.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
that sucks man. i broke my nose once. it was really messed up. i like got tanged in my bed covers that were on the floor and i fell and my nose hit square on the corner of my dresser. i walked into my moms bathroom and my nose was literially crooked, looked weird as hell. we went to the hospital where after an hour or two they proceded to push on my nose to see if it was in fact broken, by this time it has popped back into place. they decided that it wasn't broken, after i had seen it lookin like it was gonna pop outta my skin. ticked me off that they told me that it wasn't broken.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I broke it playing soccer. Let this be a lesson to all you soccer players out there. Do not say 'turn' if the player should not in fact turn.

Someone passed me the ball and told me to turn to let me know there was no man on me so I was free to turn around with the ball. So I turned directly into the shoulder of the player that was charging in on me to strip the ball from me. Dropped hard, blood everywhere.

It bled off and on for 24 hours. It clotted a bit at the field, then bled again on the way home. It clotted again at home, then bled again while I was watching a movie. It clotted again before bed, then I woke up in a bloody mess of sheets, but at least it clotted again. It bled again in class, it bled while I was coaching it just bled and bled and bled.

It was too swollen to tell if it was broken immediately, so I waited 5 days to get it checked out. x-rays were positive, so I went into the plastics clinic the next day. They recommended I get it reset, so I went in for surgery 2 days later, 8 days after I originally broke it. They said any longer and they wouldn't do it because there was a risk it had healed enough that they would break another bone while trying to rebreak the bone they were trying to reduce the fracture of.

I went in at 1:30 for my 3:30 surgery. They did all the preliminary paperwork and testing for heart rate and blood pressure and everything, then I had to sit around for 2 hours because they were running late so I didn't get in until 4:15.

They gave me a freezing shot to my hand so I wouldn't feel the IV go in, then they put the IV in. Then they gave me something to prevent the aneasthetic from making me nauseous, it burned my hand like someone built a fire under my arm. Then the anaesthetic and boom 15 seconds later I'm gone. Woke up and puked, stuck around for about an hour then went home.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
wow, that's gotta suck. One of my frinends broke his nose on the back of a guys head when he went up to head the ball. He never got it looked at so now his nose is all crooked. I feel for ya, Playing soccer is great. I've been out fro about 6 weeks before cuz I was gonna shoot it and a defender came up and kicked it in the opposite direction at the exact same time. Hyperextended my knee and couldn't move it very well fro about a week. and it didn't heal very quickly either (but they put me on steroids, that stuff is great)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts