Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well where I will live it snows on and off quite a bit and I am wondering if that will affect my paintball gun in any way at all or if it is bad for it? I am using a tippmann 98 custom, if anyone wanted to know.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
you'll break paint like crazy unless you're using special cold weather paintballs. the shelsl get super brittle in the cold.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm well I guess I will have to see what it is like, thanks for the reply. Hopefully things go pretty smooth. =]

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
CO2 wil also perform a lot less reliably. HPA is the best in all weather conditions. Also, see if your local pro-shop/field has any winter paint. Always nice to shoot good winter paint when it's cold out >.<

·
Most Likely to Get Gogged
151 Posts
With a 98 Custom you won't have to worry about any averse effects on your gun due to the weather. Flimsier guns might have problems with mechanicals breaking in extreme cold, but...if it's just snowy you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
With a 98 Custom you won't have to worry about any averse effects on your gun due to the weather. Flimsier guns might have problems with mechanicals breaking in extreme cold, but...if it's just snowy you'll be fine.
True, but the co2 will still be affected and the balls will still chop. the same thing to any other low end marker that uses paintball oil for lube.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Well than they may as well qucik matrix??? Stop being so negitive.

Keep your paintballs inside, while your out playing. that limits chops a lot. Also, play quick elimination games to keep you guys coming back in between games. Once inside, switch your paintballs left in your hopper/pods with fresh ones and keep going (you can reuse the balls you dropped off, just let them warm up). Don't worry about the CO2, it'll still work (The paint is the main reason it'll chop). Make sure you have squegee's and so on and have fun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so the main thing I gotta worry about this keeping the paint warm and not let it get moist. Thanks everyone, this helped alot.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I played today and it was cold. I didn't realize that the cold made the paint brittle. That could be why everybody was chopping and stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts