Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
yes lets talk playoffs, as in, ALWAYS pay attention to when your fantasy starting running back is injured...it costs you the championship:(

It's about as wild if the bears want in the playoffs also. My roommate is a big fan and i was harrasssing him about it yesterday

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
Steelers all the way. They are probably the single most underrated team in the league...which is surprising, considering they are seeded number two. They are 11-3 with the hardest schedule in the league. #1 defense in the league. My thoughts are that they are serious contenders for the Super Bowl this year.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
my seahawks are out =( stupid owners got rid of too many good offencive linemen and didnt realize matt hasselbeck just colapses under pressure, not to mention finding a reciever who doesnt get injured was about as succesfull as Columbus was at finding America. Next year we wont have Holmgren either =( =(

successfull sport teams and Seattle just dont mix

so now i need to know who i should be cheering for in the playoffs......

·
i haz teh titties
199 Posts
Steelers all the way. They are probably the single most underrated team in the league...which is surprising, considering they are seeded number two. They are 11-3 with the hardest schedule in the league. #1 defense in the league. My thoughts are that they are serious contenders for the Super Bowl this year.
hell yes! Steelers all the way!thumup:

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Steelers are hardly underrated. With the #1 defense across the board, and a decent offense, they're serious contenders for the superbowl. If you think otherwise...you don't know football.

Titans...I've been saying it all season, they won't do well in the playoffs. They're starting to show cracks, as evidenced by losses to the Jets, who narrowly missed a defeat to the tumbling Bills, and the Texans, who are actually looking very good despite their lame duck status regarding playoffs.

Giants...solid all around. Sack-city when they played the Cowboys, though I think that was a fluke. They're an NFC team to beat in the playoffs.

Carolina...the sleeper. They've got Williams and Stewart at backs as the 1-2 punch, and Delhomme has Steve Smith to throw to all day long. Their pass defense is mediocre but otherwise they're a force. I expect them to do well in the postseason.

Arizona...they don't do well against high-caliber teams. Wouldn't be surprised at a first round loss.

Jets I don't see going too far. Thomas Jones and Favre are lethal but the team as a whole seems skittish after barely beating the Bills.

Vikings...if the offense can keep up what they did to the Cards, their defense has been stepping up. Injuries may limit their chances in the next couple of weeks.

Broncos...I'm still banking on them losing to the Bills' Marshawn Lynch running game in 10 degree weather. San Diego has realistic possibility of taking the AFC West, but then will face top-tier playoff contenders. San Diego has some VERY bright spots, but they've sadly been too inconsistent.

Wild Cards:

Indianapolis will do well. They're perennial playoffs winners and you can't not acknowledge how well Peyton has been doing since starting 3-4.

Ravens: I hope San Diego won't have to face them if we make it to the postseason. Their brutal style serves them well in the season, but I think their lack of passing game will lead to a short playoff run.

Cowboys: Despite the news crap and locker room bs, they're playing well on defense, at least. Romo is overrated in my book, and I don't think he has the heart or the will to lead the team to playoff victories.

Tampa Bay: I'm counting on San Diego to beat them, but if we don't, Jeff Garcia is injured and they're on a 2-game losing streak with other injuries. I see Philadelphia Eagles snatching this wild card spot.

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
I'm just saying, turn on Sportcenter/any sports channel and see how much they talk about the Steelers. They only talk about the glamor teams, IE the Cowboys, the Patriots, etc. Steelers win games. It may not be pretty (most of their games have been nail-biters, being won by 1-7 points in the fourth quarter) but it's still wins. Considering they have had the toughest schedule in the league, I guess that's what you get. Still, though, you think there would be alot more talk about one of the best teams in the league right now, but I guess not.

Teams to watch: Besides the obvious (Cowboys, Giants, Ravens, etc), keep an eye on the Atlanta Falcons. Dunno if they are even in the running this year, but with a great running back in Turner, and a whole new system in place, they could be serious contenders in a few years.

I agree, a few good players but if they ever get injured forget it, superbowl victory was a fluke
Ben's been hurting all season. Not serious, out of the game for a few weeks sore, but affect his performance sore. Their entire running game got an overhaul when every single one of their running backs (Parker, Mendenhall, Davis) got hurt in a single game. A FOURTH STRING running back picked up the ball, led them to victory, and had a couple 100 yard games while the rest of the team recovered. Holmes has stepped up in wide receiving, which let's the pressure off Hines Ward. Spaeth is a pretty good tight end, which compliments Miller, who should be thrown to a lot more than he is.

Defensively, you have Woodley, Harrison, Polamalu, Clark, and Townsend as the star players, but take any one of those guys out, and you still have a damn good defense. The only area we are lacking on defense is a strong, tall, agile cornerback to deal with the tall receivers like Randy Moss.

Really, where the Steelers are lacking is the O-line, Faneca leaving for Miami really hurt us a bit, but I believe that the line is becoming more cohesive now.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No team from the AFC or NFC west deserve to make it into the playoffs.

Honestly, The bolts are a huge disapointment at best. LT looks bad and their D is horrible. Denver is the strangest team ever. They look so good one week and then horrible the next.

As for the Cards, the queens game last week shows they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. The next closest team to them in their division has what 3 wins. wow, what compitition.

The fact that the steelers arn't talked about is the best thing going for them. The boys are Giants are talked out is a negitive light and the pats are still cheaters. The Steelers by far had the tuffest schedual this year, and are probbly the best team. The Titans could easly give them a run though.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
No team from the AFC or NFC west deserve to make it into the playoffs.

Honestly, The bolts are a huge disapointment at best. LT looks bad and their D is horrible. Denver is the strangest team ever. They look so good one week and then horrible the next.

As for the Cards, the queens game last week shows they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. The next closest team to them in their division has what 3 wins. wow, what compitition.

The fact that the steelers arn't talked about is the best thing going for them. The boys are Giants are talked out is a negitive light and the pats are still cheaters. The Steelers by far had the tuffest schedual this year, and are probbly the best team. The Titans could easly give them a run though.
I think winning a division title means you deserve to go to the playoffs. That's how it works big guy.

The Cards have kicked some ass. Kurt Warner looks as good as any high point in his career. The Cowboys and the Giants are both great teams. They're talked out is a negative light? What does that even mean???

The Patriots are good team, and show they can compete without shady brady.

You're speaking a little outta your ass there, mate.

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
Cowboys and Giants are glamour teams. They pick up controversial players so they stay in the limelight all the time. Steelers don't, and are still just as good (if not better) than them.

Pat's are ok, but not elite without Brady. The thing that pisses me off most about them getting CAUGHT cheating is that after that, Belicheck got Coach of the Year. What the ****? The one guy who gets caught red-handed cheating gets Coach of the Year? It's horse****.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
The Steelers or Colts are coming out of the AFC. I can't see anyone but the Giants coming from the NFC.

It'd be fun to see the Cardinals do it though, haha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chargers-Panthers Superbowl. Charger passing vs. Carolina running....may the best team win.

(chargers are the best!)

The Panthers run game is gonna be a hard thing for any team to stop realistically, I think if they keep it up they will be able to move the ball better and more consistently then the Chargers, if that is the match-up in the Super Bowl

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!! Just took down the Colts in overtime!!

come on, how many extra chances were the reffs going to give the chargers? that was bull**** at its finest. All I wanna know is who was paying the reffs all year. This wasn't the only colts game officiated like this. I'd say about 50% of them were like this.

....Personally, I blame the Patriots:)

EDIT: Now I'm rooting for the Cardinals.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts