Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
ok, so in factory board settings, it's still not working.

Now we move on to the regulator. Your DAM is acting as if there's not enough air pressure to cycle properly. I would put those 4 shims back into the regulator, and see what happens.

After you changed and lubed all the orings, have you had any issues with it leaking air?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Holds a seal perfectly with no leaks. I am putting in the shims back in now and will get back with you soon due to it being an annoying process. Should I put them in just like before? They were as such ()()()()()()( instead of )()()()(). I will change them back to normal and test again. For the record I bought it from a field if that helps. Which is why I worried shims got moved around.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
You think that somebody at the field messed with it before it was sold? It's acting like there's not enough air pressure,what the shims do is increase regulator pressure. the more shims that you have, the more pressure it will output. All This is why I'm thinking that there's something up with the regulator right now. For some reason DYE decided that yours needed extra shims. Why? I have no idea.

Put them in the way that the manual says, with the extra shims being in the same pattern, added to the back.
After it's assembled, screw the velocity screw in clockwise completely. This will set the regulator to the lowest output, so that you don't blow up your solenoid.
From there, turn the velocity adjustment counter-clockwise one full turn at a time. I'm not sure how far out it is supposed to be set, because DYE failed to mention that int he manual. If you get past 4 or 5 complete turns, I'd probably stop. Then again, the solenoid on this gun is supposed ot have a pressure relief, if it gets too much pressure.

You should experience a weak shot after about 2 full turns, and with each increasing turn, it will get stronger.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
If that still doesn't work, lets lower the dwell to 14. You'll have to take it out of the factory setting, and back into custom setting to do that.
don't ask me why, but it's worked for other people.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Update. The gun is now shooting and operating after inserting more shims. I will test more to confirm so stay tuned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just put 100 rounds through it on full auto and it worked. Thank the paintball gods! One last thing that I wouldn't even consider a real problem. But it appears that when I depressurize the ASA that the tank doesn't disengage and just spews air. But that doesn't even matter to me with the fact that my gun (which I bought two years ago and hadn't worked since), now works. Thank you very much for all of the help.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts