Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE HELP ME!!

I really want to get into pump but ive run into trouble, so heres the story:
i told my parents that i wanted a new paintball gun for xmas, a phantom vsc, but of course my dad wants to go out to the paintball stores and talk to the ppl, EVEN THO I TOLD HIM YOU CAN ONLY GET IT ONLINE, so after going to two places we go to our last stop, on target sports, we go in and i tell the guys that i wanted a phantom, then they proceed to tell me that
phantoms are antiques
phantoms are dated and old
no one uses phantoms
you cant buy really buy them anywhere and u cant get parts for them
ions are so much better cause the shoot faster
that they'd rather have accuracy by volume(spray and pray, yes they were speedballers) than shoot one at a time taking time to aim
and that carter buzzards are the only good pump gun ( WAYY outta my price range)
of course, my dad absorbs every word of this and of course, believes them. NOW i cant convince him to get me a phantom because of what all those guys said but he said he would consider it IF I WROTE A REPORT COMPARING THE ION THE PHANTOM GIVING THE PROS AND CONS OF EACH GUN (*** I KNOW) yes im going to do it only because i want a phantom that bad, SO PLEASE IF YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE ANY INFORMATION REGUARDING THE PHANTOM'S PROS AND CONS, ACCURACY, WEIGHT, ECT I WOULD BE FOREVER THANKFUL!!!!! ( stuff bout ions is fine too, but i hope its mainly cons for it lol)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

-future pumper (hopefully!!)

·
doe
218 Posts
if he buys your paint, tell him how much money he/you would save with the phantom over the ion.

·
Registered
331 Posts
say it requires more skill. you will become a better player. it provides a challenge. check out wevo.com, and The PHOG - powered by vBulletin to show him that many people still use phantoms. phantoms are extremely well built. the tech at my local shop has commented on that every time he's handled it. you save a ****load on paint. i buy a case every 4 times i go. and air...the cost is much lower as well. there is absolutely nothing you need to upgrade on a phantom to make it preform better. the ION, on the other hand, needs many things. trigger is a must IMO, feedneck and ASA as well. plus it needs an HPA tank and a fast hopper. barrel will eventually need to be replaced. all that can add up to a lot of $. you do the math for him. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
From the Pro's...

The fields now a days are full of kids with ions and protos. They don’t understand what paintball was originally created for. It was about being better then your opponent not being better then their gun. But, things have changed. People believe that if they don’t fire 28 paintballs a second they aren’t worth even going to the field.

I have an Angel One, and a Phantom.
What does this mean? It means that even though i have a gun that can outshoot any Ion any time of the day, i prefer to bet him with a pump.
As a professional, i will tell you that i DONT fear the guys with the Ions, Protos, or Spyders... I fear the one guy with the pump who smiles when everyone else laughs at his gun. (That’s the guy who will kill me) Hands down.

Now for you i have to tell you this...
The pump is difficult at first. You will lose more battles then you will win. You will get impatient, you will get angry, you will hate it when people laugh...
BUT, if you truely want this pump then dont give up. Keep fighting. Keep shooting. And in the end... you will win.

Lastly, if you really want a Phantom then look at this website. After you look at the website. Go to Ebay and look up Ions then look up Phantoms... Phantoms will hold their resale value MUCH MUCH better.
Good luck out there man...
and if i ever see you at a field i hope your holding an Ion (I'll live longer that way) thumup:

Component Concepts Inc. Phantom Review / Reviews - pbreview.com

Click on the link above.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Phantoms are definently NOT dated and old or antiques (unless you buy a really old one), new models are available and in production. I know because my friend just bought one in november, and i bought mine a year before that. I use a VSC setup with a 45 grip frame, and my friend uses a normal stock class setup with an m16 style grip.

these are the websites we used

Stock Class and Pump Paintball Headquarters - Wevo Paintball - my friend used this one
White Wolf Airsmithing Main Page - i used this one

Some advantages of the phantom:
-very consistent FPS
-light (even when fully aired/filled)
-You do not need to buy an expensive air tank, or an electric hopper, which can save you hundreds.
-very reliable due to the simplicity of it's design
-easy to clean (same reason as above)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Phantoms Outdated, since when. I've had 5 friends buy one within the past year. And we all bought them new. You just have to know where to look.
Phantoms in my humble view are so much better than any ION. Here are my reasons why:
Phantoms are lighter.
Phantoms are more accurate out of the box so you don't have to spend $150+ on a kit.
Phantoms use less paint = cheaper play.
Phantoms teach you better skills.
Phantoms are more reliable (2 years and it hasn't broken once)
Phantoms give you bragging rights when you bunker guys with IONS.
Phantoms gain you respect on the field, respect for playing pump. (just make sure you don't act immature and you will be one of the most respected players)
Phantoms are just the bomb OK, enough said.
I would choose my phantom over a semi any day of the week. Much less and ION, I have a Lasoya Promaster (better than ION) and I would take my phantom.
I think in the end you can say playing a day with a phantom $5-15ish bucks / playing a day with an Ion $50-$150ish bucks.
Phantoms are cheaper to play with, more fun, and more rewarding.
Go with the Phantom, after all its your choice to be the one who doesn't shoot as much. If I were you I would tell my dad to get me the ION if he buys all my paint and air. Once he sees how much that is, he'll change his tune really fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts