Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a widescreen tv and a widescreen laptop. I am able to get my desktop screen to show up on the TV, but the very sides of the screen dont completely fit on the tv.

Ill try to make an example:

[-----------]
[-----------]
[-----------]
Ok say this is my laptop screen...

I can get all the black -'s to show on my tv, but the orange ones are cut off.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

EDIT: I think this got messed up somehow btw

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
My DVI - HDMI cable does the same thing it seems. Although it's not as bad. Doesn't bother me though because I just use it to watch blu-ray rips.

Try changing your screen resolution when you switch to monitor 2. (Your TV)

·
Registered
10 Posts
not sure about your tv but mine has a screen style of wide, sidebar, and full type of thing. have to put it on full to get rid of the bars when i play my games on my 42" widescreen through any connection (mine has direct monitor cable input or rca/hdmi)

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
you should have the screen "zoom" options on your tv remote. through graphics panel, nvidia or ati, you can adjust the output resolution going to your TV.

when I do it i do extended desktop...i can keep my 1900x1200 on my laptop and output 720 onto my 720p tv.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have a widescreen TV as well. Theres an option (on the remote for mine), that gives "Theatre Wide 1, 2, 3, regular, full, etc. It's called "Picture Size." I think you need to adjust the picture size on your widescreen. There HAS to be that kind of option on it. I have 3 widescreen TVs in the house and they all have it (and are diff brands)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ill try that in a minute. And doublethreatguy my tv has that too but it will only let me choose the first 3 options, it wont let me select full. And my comp wont let me change the resolution on the tv.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts