Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across a PM5 from a friend need a new on/off and drop and so i got a new one the gun shot great. shot it last night with no problems. this morning i go to shoot it and theres a leak from the rear bolt where you unscrew the cap? i changed both orings on the back of the bolt but didnt make a difference. all the air is coming out from where you put the allen wrench in. anyone know what i can do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replying
Hmm maybe I put turn the hyper2 up to high now that I think of it last night it looked loose so I tightened it maybe its just getting to much air?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Oo, the bottom small silver nut is not a tightening nut, it's the pressure adjuster

That might have done it

If you screwed in the actuall bottom cap, then nothing should have changed

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
does the marker fire? if not it sounds like you have your LPR too low and so the bolt is sitting slightly forward, if its gased up look down the feedneck, can you see the front of the bolt sticking out slightly?

what did you change out those rings on the back of the bolt with?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
like as soon as i air up my marker the air comes out the back and i can turn the eyes off and put my finger on the back of the allen wrench hole and try to fire but nothing happens it makes a weak attempt as if there was hardly any air.
and i changed them with new orings?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
its either the LPR or HPR it set much too low, stock setting on the LPR is i believe 2.5 turns out, set that then turn the HPR all the way in and slowly turn it out while pulling the trigger (with eyes off) untill it fires well

balancing the LPR and HPR is something that just takes some practice

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the help guys had to put LPR back on factory settings and just played witht he HPR alot but i got it thanks alot!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts