Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought my first marker.. virtued pm6. Is this marker ok to play woodsball with? My buddies just got their first guns as well and they both bought Tippmans. They have been flaming me bcuz I got this "tourney" marker instead of a wanna be sniper gun. Although their guns are cool looking, I know that my marker is far superior. So my question is, should I get a tippman for woodsball or is my pm6 ok to play with in the trees?

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
BAh, th pm is quieter and smoother. It's a nice either/or gun, as long as you didn't get it in bright pink or something(then you may want to consider some quieter colored wrap if all your doing is woodsball....). They will be laughing until they realize "oh dear....the 5+ pounds of useless milsim crap I'm carrying on my unholy long marker, my uber scope, and my badass stock....just got shot ten times". Have fun with that gun, it's a good start and will do EITHER style of play as well if not better than any tippman for sure..

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
You won't. You'll be called one, but your not doing anything wrong in the end. Go play, have fun, and laugh when they piss and moan about not being able to play both.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Why the double thread?

Just be careful with it. Don't try to smash through bushes with it -- use your arm instead. Don't try to crawl through undergrowth without protecting it. Just use common sense.

A Tippmann is great because you can pretty much drop or slam it into things accidentally and it'll pick back up and finish the firefight if you haven't already been eliminated... you can actually use it to push foliage out of the way and whatnot -- which I would never want to even try with a nicer marker.

Other than that Tippmanns are what they are: reliable entry level mechanicals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts