·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Bad idea.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Take whatever you want into the woods.

People use simple mechanicals and electronics with tougher reputations (Ion) in the woods because they fear hurting an expensive marker -- but if you're careful you should be alright.

Tho... I don't see what a PM6 will do for you in inclement terrain that an Ion won't.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
with tougher reputations (Ion)
you realize, except in precious few fanboy and beginner circles, the ion's only reputation is for being a giant turd...

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I'd rather take an ion over a pm6 into the woods, that away if dirt etc gets into my gun idc if it fries it, I'd **** a brick if something got into my PM6 and killed it(rhetorically speaking, I don't have a PM6).

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
bah, unless your a har-tard and go out in 5 foot deep mud, or decide to play rambo through a river, your not going to get anything in your gun under a tree as you will on a worn down grass speedball field.

honestly our airball fields stay nastier than the woods half the time. People worry to much about perception...

·
Registered
533 Posts
you realize, except in precious few fanboy and beginner circles, the ion's only reputation is for being a giant turd...

I don't realize that. All the research I have done on the Ion has shown it to be a very dependable entry-level performance electro, with a reputation for taking abuse gracefully.

These people include owners of Ions and paintball shop owners, online reviews, and those who have tested the marker in play.

I'll mark one down for your group -- "those who feel the Ion is a fanboy marker with an unearned reputation" thumup:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Only thing I really get on me is paint on an airball field, a lil mud if It's rainy, but that's the same as a woodsball field(the mud would be to more extremities on woods though).

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
These people include owners of Ions and paintball shop owners, online reviews, and those who have tested the marker in play.
put me in the airsmith/field worker/someone who's played with it, worked on it, and dealt with it since it's release. If you do a little more research I think you'll find most unbiased reviews tend to point out that between QC and a poor design, they are a long way from dependable.

Don't wag the finger at me man, If you'll do a little research into my post history, you will discover patronizing me is unnecessary, and my opinions aren't as simple as you'd like to make them. Thanks for getting tacky about it though

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Ions have a lot of potential, if SP fixed the nooks and cranny's that are still left in them(horrid threading for the barbs/QEV screw holes, that horrid stock duckbill and feedneck, include at least a Jr freak stock).

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
They killed the drop off by upping the operating pressure, which also upped max ROF as well and increased efficiency if I am not mistaken(I know I was getting at least a case and then some offa my 68/45), and gave it a better on/off button and firebolt stock.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well I didn't mean to piss you off. ;0

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Nobody has been pissed, just a nice little debate over the ions quality.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have seen a lot of woodsball/scenario players who swear by tippmann ONLY that have succumbed to using ions in woods play.

so use whatever you feel like.

a pm6 will own on any turf d00d

1 - 15 of 15 Posts