Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some input from ppl who know them the best. I am looking into buying nicer marker, in addition to my SP Epiphany I have now. I found this PM6 on CL for 200. I know nothing of these Protos. It seems to me to be a good deal from what general knowledge I can gather. What is your opinion?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know nothing about these markers. So 200 is a fair or good price? Unfortunately I am bound to what is available used in my area(trying not to deal with shipping). How are these markers maintenance wise? Are there plenty of parts and upgrades available for them? For that price range though 200-250 what other markers would you suggest? Ive looked for a MINI... No luck. Ive read the reviews on the DP E1... Not too impressive.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for the input. Venturing into a different make of marker gets me worried I can work on my SP all day long. BUT its time to move on and up. I just found a G3 specR for 500, and a G3 se for 250

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok good to know, I found a few Minis but they seem to be a bit more expensive than I thought used. What if any upgrades should be done to the PM6, (I go to get it tomorrow). Is there lots of available parts and upgrades still out there? That is one of my concerns with buying an older marker.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
theyr'e pretty good stock markers. you could go all out and get a ul frame for it but that's easily another $100. I'd try to find another trigger for it though, I've never been a fan of any dye stock trigger.

you can buy the eigenring sold by lurker, that'd be your best investment; it'l give you MUCH more shots per tank fill

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so are the PM6s not very efficient, with air, that it would need that upgrade? I appreciate your time, like I said I am venturing into a new make of marker so im learning as a go.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didnt buy it today, though I did put about 200 rounds threw it... I was a bit surprised that it was heavier than I expected. What about the PM8

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn... Its nearly impossible to find any of those guns used... But this guy my go down under 200 for the PM6 with barrel, hopper and tank... I may just get it to flip it an make a few bucks... I was looking forward to having a new marker by this weekend. The board is upgraded(virtue).
What other markers would you suggest then?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I always suggest Quests. IMO the best stock markers released by any company ever. Great efficiency for a spool valve, incredibly smooth, amazingly simple, and only 9 orings of 3 sizes in engine. Can be upgraded to 4B or RSF for even better efficiency. 4B for instance, when broken in, is possible of NEARLY a full case off a cold 68/4500 (new I was getting really bad efficiency, like 1300, but it started getting better as it broke in).

PM7 obviously also. Lighter and IMO better looking than the PM6, but the engine is actually the same so it shoots just as nicely.

PL Shockers like my Naughty Dogs that have cocker threading are nice. The upcoming Eigenbolt will truly awaken a shocker. Truly decent efficiency, smoother, less FSDO. Just a fantastic upgrade. And parts for them are still aplenty despite not being made anymore. The only downside is that there is nowhere to send them anymore, since SP is gone, you have to fix yourself.

Going outside of spools, I really like the Creed. By far my favorite stacked poppet I've ever used. You can get them for a decent price now also, and Vanguard is VERY good for support (I just got mine back from having all the most updated parts installed and retuned).

If you want something a little different, an Angel A1 with the STR ram and magno valve w/ dlite stem and a booster2 bolt is a nice setup. And EXTREMELY efficient (over a case, if barely, on a 68/4500).

Fusion F7/F8 are great shooters if you want something cheap.

Inevitably, I'm missing a ton of markers, but that's usually my short list when someone asks me what to look for when they're going for great value.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the input...BUT you just made looking for a new marker more difficult. LOL, OK so back to the PM6 with a barrel, hopper and tank for 200, what do you think about that? Whats your take on the MINIs?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Depends on hopper and tank...

As for the Mini, they're not bad. They're annoying to work on (non-standard orings), and they're VERY small so somewhat uncomfortable if you have big hands, and they don't have an on/off without spending $100. But I owned one, and enjoyed using it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The hoppers an Egg, evo2. ANd tank im not certain, but the board has been upgraded to a virtue. Like I said my options are that and a 2010 pm rail for 250, with a hyper 3 reg and an S trigger.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts