Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys look at this YouTube Vid. I purchased this gun but it is having issues. Can you give some possible solutions to fix this, also tell me if it will be expensive. ANY help would be greatly appreciated LINK-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytzh0lmsL0s

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for helping me out. I haven't received the Pm8 YET, but i will get it by tuesday. Right now all i have to work w/ is that video =/ He mentions that the front Bolt Orings blew. All I'm really looking for are some POSSIBLE things this can be. I will update when the gun arrives.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
first thing you wanna do is set both regulators to zero before you air it up. Don't ever trust anyone to set regulators correctly unless it's you doing it.

After that, set the regulators correctly, and see what happens. If the LPR was not messed with the solenoid should still be working.

I sounds like an 8 year old kid talking in the video, so I sure hope that he didn't jack up anything without knowing any better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya the seller is a little kid*sigh* but he said he fixed the leaks and that whenever he airs it, the marker either blows the Orings or, the gun has erratic velocities.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
chances are, you'll find some sort of regulator issue. If all else fails, you coudl always get a new HPR(my guess is that he took the regulator apart and put it back together without a shim, or with shims put in the wrong way)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, if I take it to a Tech, how much doyou think a new HPR will cost? Do you think the solenoid is still good just from that video?

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
oh you can buy a hpr for around $40-$60; however, the hyper2 regulator(which the pm8 has) is one of the best preforming regulators out there; I'd take it to a shop and see what they can do, if you can't get it working.

If it were me buying this marker, I'd take it apart and fix it myself... but iv'e messed around with regulators and markers enough to know what I'm doing. ( I took a solenoid apart and put it back together..just for fun. i do NOT suggest ever doing that)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol k I don't want to mess anything up so imA take it to a Tech as soon as i get it. Thx for all your help Ima go2 sleep now but if I have any more questions I'll drop them to you. GOODNIGHT z_Z

1 - 10 of 10 Posts