Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I was looking at performance upgrades and was wondering does the new bolts really make a difference in the gun or is it more of a preference thing and if you got some money to throw down why not? I know that the PMR is a gas hog and was wondering does a new bolt make a significant difference?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
TechT L7 bolt is the ONLY bolt that isn't actually WORSE than stock.

It, when you take the time to tune it properly, decreases the kick very slightly, actually at the cost of a little efficiency (this is debatable. some people swear by them, but most as non-biased as possible reviews report that as the findings). When improperly tuned, it kicks worse and has worse efficiency.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so then it doesnt increase efficiency, that was kind of what I was looking for but I guess the gun will just continue being a gas whore.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Yes. Unbalanced spool valves are gas whores. It's an unfortunate fact of life in the paintball world. Now once well broke in, you can usually tune the PMR to increase your efficiency a bit, but it'll never be the equal of a full matrix, Quest, or Droid. And definitely nowhere near the efficiency of your Egos, Vices, A1 Fly's, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts