Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have recently been asked to play with a team but in order for me to get serious with tournaments and stuff i need a new gun, i am at the moment selling my autococker and should get $300-$350 off of it. should i get the pmr, slg or maybe even the epiphany. any advice will help thanks for helping a fellow paintball player

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't choose because of this but if you get the PMR than you could upgrade the grip to a UL frame. Also if you get a new barrel, like a UL, and a couple other upgrades to it then you could have a cheep DM. That is what I want to do. I don't think you should go for the SLG just because it is more of a beginner gun and a PMR has better performance with some upgrades. Now the Epiphany was a gun I was going to get but I did not. There is nothing wrong with it, I just did not care for it because you have to take apart the gun to get to the bolt. But it does have a good stock barrel. Now remember I don't know if you should go by this info that I gave you, you might want to get some other info from other people first. Also make sure you are using compressed air with all of these guns.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like to focus in the interior parts of the markers. I mainly focus on the Boards. The PMR board is a great board. It's pretty sick: you can hit up 30 bps on PsP mode. Heh, I got kicked out of a field for having it on ramp one time. Woops. Anyways, the Smart Part marker's boards are directly connected to the Solenoid, making it more difficult to add upgrades to it. The PMR is a great marker out there.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
If you haven't made a choice yet, my $.02 is this:

The PMR SE is a great choice. It's got the metal back cap that you're going to have to replace anyway, and a much nicer trigger. Still not a trigger I like, but much nicer than stock PMR. Throw a Critical Raze on it, get it adjusted right, and there'd be no use for a UL frame, plenty fast and comfy stock (I personally prefer the stock frame to the PMR UL).
Another gun I'd seriously look into is the Invert Mini. Now that they're down to $325 new, you can get them $225 used. Throw the NDZ bolt and spring in there, and you can drop your pressure down to 130-140 psi, dwell down to 15 (from 28), and it's almost impossible to feel it kick. And very small and light of course.
In the <$400 range, these are the 2 guns I consider to be the best values.

·
Registered
65 Posts
get the pmr, i just got one and i love it. imo the ul frame is a wayst of money, ive heard that the stock from is actually a little lighter but i havent seen any actual numbers.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Yes, it is only increments of an ounce though. I own a Mini and a PMR and honestly I shoot both not liking neither more then the other, I shoot whichever I feel in the mood for on that day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts