Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK ok I know this question is kind of newbish, but seriously, like I've said before I havent played seriously in like five years. I just got a new 4+3 proto pack. I used to run with a 4+1tank pack. Whenever I emptied my pods I'd just toss them back in my pack. What is proper etiquette now that my pack uses compression to toss my pods to me. I find it very annoying to toss them back in. The pack shrinks and the compression makes it difficult to toss the pods back on my back again. OK so speedball, I assume it's ok just to toss my pods on the ground, right? What about rec woodsball, what do I do with my pods then? When is it ok to toss them down? What are my other options? Am I allowed to toss my pods at all tournaments? What are the rules on pods? Please toss me some feedback. Thanks.

·
Bang Bang Bang
1,615 Posts
just throw them down..make sure you have something on them to label them as yours...also, you may not think about it much, but if you are playing woodsball close the lid when you drop the pod. therefore if someone comes and accidentally steps on it, you have less of a chance of breaking the lid off.

·
Almost leet
1,999 Posts
um wow lol.

speedball throwem,
woods take the time to putem back.

·
Registered
334 Posts
With my NXe pack, i can put them back in, and since they're empty they really wont fall out. Not like open game is sooo intense that i can't take an extra second to potentially save two dollars.

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
micromag2277 said:
OK ok I know this question is kind of newbish, but seriously, like I've said before I havent played seriously in like five years. I just got a new 4+3 proto pack. I used to run with a 4+1tank pack. Whenever I emptied my pods I'd just toss them back in my pack. What is proper etiquette now that my pack uses compression to toss my pods to me. I find it very annoying to toss them back in. The pack shrinks and the compression makes it difficult to toss the pods back on my back again. OK so speedball, I assume it's ok just to toss my pods on the ground, right? What about rec woodsball, what do I do with my pods then? When is it ok to toss them down? What are my other options? Am I allowed to toss my pods at all tournaments? What are the rules on pods? Please toss me some feedback. Thanks.

when your playing speedball toss out the pods so you won't waste time but when your in the woods then just put them back into your pack so you won't have to go looking around for a while to get your pods back.

toss the pods after you've reloaded and your pod is empty.

your allowed to toss pods at all tourneys

when your still holding onto your pod and the pod is shot then your out
if you drop your pod and its shot then your still in
if you pick up a shot pod in the middle of a game your out
atleast i think thats the rules been a while since i read up on pod rules.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Two funny stories with pods....

I threw my pod right next to me, and decided all the sudden to bump to the bunker to my right, so i started running.....and slid and fell on my pod...

Another kid at our field, pretty cool guy, took 20 balls on the field with him as a joke, and is at the fifty, one guy hands him an empty pod....so he throws it at the center 30 and yells "GRENADE!" pretty damn funny if you ask me.

·
Registered
593 Posts
ya in woods I try my best to put them back in my pack and in speedball I toss them

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'm gonna go put labels on my pods right now because last time I went someone jacked one of my brand new dye pods, so that's a good suggestion.

As mentioned above, speedball=chuck woodspall=take the time or (what I do) put it inyour cargo pants pockets (you know you're wearing em thumup: )

One funny story is my friends hopper was all messed up with paint all on the inside and he needed paint so I threw him a pod, he missed it, broke about 20 balls from the bottom and still dumped the whole thing in his hopper!!! It was like he was using his hopper as a paint mixer...he was pouring liquid paint straight into his hopper!!! LOL :rofl

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
alright everyone is posting stories of pods so i'll say mine....My revy after 4 months of no use broke its lid and i was at my friends and i wanted to play. so i just put the lid back on, i slid into my bunker my lid fell off and balls all came out of the hopper i took a pod out and held it at the mouth of the hopper and held my gun with one hand.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
one time i was reffing, and there were these kids playing. it was down to 2 on 1, and the two kids that were together were closing in on the 1 kid down each tape (but since they were kids, their idea of closing in was spending 20 minutes trying to sneak it.) and then at one point, one kid says to the other, "im out of bullets!" and he says here, have some of mine. so he takes out a pod, throws it, it goes about 10 feet and busts open, and all the paint goes everywhere. lol. but somehow they ended up winning.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
micromag2277 said:
I sometimes put em back in my pack, either that or I just drop them. If I just moved or are in a concealed location (like the snake) and no one knows I'm there, I'm not gonna let the pod give away my position. So I just drop it on the ground or push it in the bunker.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts