Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so we started this in another thread, but I'm making a thread just for this topic. TRY to keep it somewhat civil and under control or I'll enlist the help of a mod and have this locked up quicker than Saddam when he got caught.

Personally, I think political correctness is a load of ****. It's what happens when someone cannot handle freedom of speech. It's what happens when people can't handle the truth. I hate it.

Let's take an example here. It's politically incorrect for me to call a Native American an injun...at least according to my American History teacher. I said Injun in class, and was sent to the hall, got a detention, and finally an office referral for saying it. But, if that same person, or anyone who isn't white for that matter, called me a cracker, nothing would be done about it. Bull**** I say.

Nextly, we have the matter of being politically correct and calling people African Americans, Native Americans, European Americans, and all sorts of bull**** like that. What if the person isn't even ****ing from Africa? What if they're black but they came from Jamaica? They might be offended by being called African American. And I don't understand why we can't call people by color without them being offended. You call me white, it's true, I am white last time I checked. If I call you black, I'm just saying the color of your skin. I am in NO WAY judging you based on the color of your skin, nor am I thinking less of you because you're black/brown/yellow/orange/green/platypus.

While I'm on the topic of political correctness, I'd also like to address reverse racism. This kind of goes along with what I was talking about earlier. If I call a black guy a "nig" I'm labelled racist. Why is that? He can call me a cracka, his friends call each other nigs, and I can't call him a nig? Why the hell not?

This is also a good time for me to talk about reparations and **** for slavery. I DIDN'T OWN YOU NOR DID I OWN YOUR ANCESTORS. Ever heard of forgive and forget? I had no say in slavery. I didn't beat your ancestors to get them to pick my cotton. I honestly didn't. Nextly, there are MANY more people who were slaves longer than blacks. Jews come to mind. 2000 years ago Jews were slaves in Egypt. They don't ***** now and demand reparations. Jews don't demand reparations for the Holocaust. Why? They realize that it was the PAST AND IT IS OVER AND YOU CANNOT CHANGE IT.

[/rant]

tl;dr - **** YOURSELF.

D

·
0 Posts
yeah, we treat em all like **** for centuries now we get the big stiff one.

what i hate is when people try to be politicaly correct that they are making choices and decisions based on someones race..

like they are doing something and think, oh better not do this, that black dude'll get pissed.. theyre still making a decision based on his race.. so really they are still people racist and taking note of differences..

gah.. i just treat everyone like ****

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with ya Derek. I treat everyone like ****.

"I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally."

Infinit said:
Good thread, very true. I read it, I mean there's not much to say.
Thanks, I wrote it from the heart. ;)

·
12,110 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
Ok, so we started this in another thread, but I'm making a thread just for this topic. TRY to keep it somewhat civil and under control or I'll enlist the help of a mod and have this locked up quicker than Saddam when he got caught.

Personally, I think political correctness is a load of ****. It's what happens when someone cannot handle freedom of speech. It's what happens when people can't handle the truth. I hate it.

Let's take an example here. It's politically incorrect for me to call a Native American an injun...at least according to my American History teacher. I said Injun in class, and was sent to the hall, got a detention, and finally an office referral for saying it. But, if that same person, or anyone who isn't white for that matter, called me a cracker, nothing would be done about it. Bull**** I say.

Nextly, we have the matter of being politically correct and calling people African Americans, Native Americans, European Americans, and all sorts of bull**** like that. What if the person isn't even ****ing from Africa? What if they're black but they came from Jamaica? They might be offended by being called African American. And I don't understand why we can't call people by color without them being offended. You call me white, it's true, I am white last time I checked. If I call you black, I'm just saying the color of your skin. I am in NO WAY judging you based on the color of your skin, nor am I thinking less of you because you're black/brown/yellow/orange/green/platypus.

While I'm on the topic of political correctness, I'd also like to address reverse racism. This kind of goes along with what I was talking about earlier. If I call a black guy a "nig" I'm labelled racist. Why is that? He can call me a cracka, his friends call each other nigs, and I can't call him a nig? Why the hell not?

This is also a good time for me to talk about reparations and **** for slavery. I DIDN'T OWN YOU NOR DID I OWN YOUR ANCESTORS. Ever heard of forgive and forget? I had no say in slavery. I didn't beat your ancestors to get them to pick my cotton. I honestly didn't. Nextly, there are MANY more people who were slaves longer than blacks. Jews come to mind. 2000 years ago Jews were slaves in Egypt. They don't ***** now and demand reparations. Jews don't demand reparations for the Holocaust. Why? They realize that it was the PAST AND IT IS OVER AND YOU CANNOT CHANGE IT.

[/rant]

tl;dr - **** YOURSELF.
I have nothing to add to that. Amen.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
holy crap! i was gonna make a thread about this like month or so ago. BUT i thought youd think its stupid. Well, anyways i agree. I didnt read more than a couple of words, but im sure its saying being politically correcness i retarded.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Political correctness is stupid. you know, you should have stood up against your teacher...or something. I'm sure you did and i don't know the situation well, but i would have. I "spit" (don't take it literally) in teachers faces when they try and pull that

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just to be clear about this... race doesnt exist... race is something humans made up to generalize people, kinda why jamacians can be called african-americans. The only thing that exists is ethnicity. with that in mind lets pick apart your generlizations.

pr0ph3t said:
I said Injun in class, and was sent to the hall, got a detention, and finally an office referral for saying it.
your teacher deserves to be fired. Thats bull****. Are you telling the whole truth? did the teacher ask you not to say and you delibratly fight him? I am sure there is 2 sides to this story.

Pr0ph3t said:
If I call a black guy a "nig" I'm labelled racist. Why is that? He can call me a cracka, his friends call each other nigs, and I can't call him a nig? Why the hell not?
Because free speech is limited... if it offends someone, then you are not allowed by law to say it. Laws state that when you harass someone, you have lost your right to free speech.

Pr0ph3t said:
They don't ***** now and demand reparations. Jews don't demand reparations for the Holocaust.
Jews did demand repartions... they *****ed to the UN and got Israel.

Polotical Correctness allows us to express ourselves without legally encroching on someone else. Its a safe set of boundaries that we dont have to worry about breaking laws using. With that in mind, many of my black friends have no problem with me calling them black, as long as i dont use it in a demeaning way (ex: "Hey, black guy"). You generalized the mass majority as people who want you to follow the rules 100%. Thats not the truth. many people in the US dont give a flying **** how you refer to them as long as you arnt demeaning.

</counterpoint>

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I get called a cracker all the time by black people so me and my friends who are white call each other crackers. Just like they call each other nigg-ers.

But we get in trouble, they don't.

****ing Bull****.

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
Very nice. Very nice indeed

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
vpraidersfan1 said:
i retarded.
is that kinda like when the raiders coach called the team the dumbest in the league? :p

anyways, the "n-word" didn't used to be duragatory, it was just what they called them, like we call them "african americans" even if they aren't from africa. but retards began using it a a slam, so now black people call themselves and each other that...

yeah, doesn't make sense to me either :sly:

·
Registered
770 Posts
I hate political correctness, but another peeve is the whole.. "why can't i call a black guy a "nig" if he can call me a cracka." How about stepping up and being a man, and not calling him a "nig." The world would be a better place if we would all step up instead of begging to be allowed to move down in the chain of being an asshole.

And homeboy is right about the Jews and reparations. Even in WWI, the WORLD got reparations through the Treaty of Versailles. And The part where he said once you harass somebody, you lose your rights of free speech. That's basically true. It's like homeless people, they can beg on public property, until they get in the way and harass people. In Cali, offending somebody like that can basically be an Assault. I think people need to stop being so sensative, but I think the rest of people need to stop being so offensive just to piss people off.

Most of your other points I agree with. African-America, Euro-American, and all that stuff annoys me. If somebody wants to be called that way, that's fine. But assuming that everybody should be called that for PC niceness... I don't like it.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
128shot said:
Political correctness is stupid. you know, you should have stood up against your teacher...or something. I'm sure you did and i don't know the situation well, but i would have. I "spit" (don't take it literally) in teachers faces when they try and pull that
I fought it after he said I couldn't say it. I asked him what happened to my 1st amendment rights, and he said I didn't have any. I said that that was BS because this summer I would be allowed to join the military (which I am) but I won't be able to call someone an injun. I asked him how that worked and he sent me out in the hall. He came out to plead his case even more, and being the stubborn **** that I am, I fought even more. He sent me to the office, where I finally won with my First Amendment argument.

HippoMaster said:
Proph3t... I wanna have your baby.

So beautiful... so true...

I sound sarcastic, but I'm not.
Tomorrow, 3o'clock. Sound good? We can hve babies.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Just don't say nig ger in front of black people and you'll be fine. Also, act comfortable around everyone. That's as politically correct as anyone on earth needs to be. I make racist jokes and think it's hilarious. I'm far from racist though and get along with almost everybody...even the black dudes who looked like they were about to rob the gas station I asked for directions at in Detroit at 1:30 in the morning. Just stay nice, don't worry about the hippies that think they're better then you.

Or be a racist piece of ****. Either way, don't let hippies bother you.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
i like racial slurs, they make me giggle

1 - 20 of 40 Posts