Votes: 43 55.1%
  • other

Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Ya in states where only 1.2 million people live its pop. Where everyone else lives its soda. Like in california and all the cool states :)

Good example... in comercials advertising SODA they never say pop... Its always soda. u dont hear it as much because you are bombarded with the company slogans like Quench Your Thirst....Do the Dew! Makes the world taste better...

·
Banned
546 Posts
COKE! Everything is called a Coke.
"You want a Coke?"
"Yeah."
"What Kind?"
"Barqs."

That's how we roll in tha dirrty souf! Or something.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah when I was in Texas, they called everything a "coke". Like if they wanted something other than a actual coca-cola.. They would say, "And Ill take a coke, make it a sprite." I just stared at them.....

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Up here in Ohio the term is pop, I've never heard soda used any farther north than Tenessee.

Most Southern states use soda (old-school). Even better is the way I hear my friend's GP say it- "sodey pop". Best of both worlds and is definitely from back in the day, it can't get better than that :D

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
I rarely drink pop just because I have a better liking to milk, juice and water.

and before you ask, no it says nothing in the Word of Wisdom to not drink carbonated drinks. Then again, they aren't that good for you anyway...:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts