Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
100% N00b
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have $50.00 and a stock spyder fenix, what barrel do you buy? (primary paint is Marbelizer .677 - .683)

I see there is a odyssey barrel kit 5 on sale at ansgear.. or I could look at used?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
If you want a kit, get the Odyssey 3 piece instead of the 5 piece. They're 3 1-piece barrels, better than the 5 piece which is 3 bores, 1 useless sleeve, and 1 front. The bores are even the same between the 2. Alhtough if you're using small paint, the kits are useless, since the SMALLEST bore in the Odyssey kit is .685.

So all that to say, I second Martix, get a J&J Ceramic or CP 1 piece.

·
100% N00b
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3/3 good enough for me.

Thanks everyone. I went with the CP barrel only because the place Im buying everything from doesnt have the J&J and I'd rather get it from one place.

2012 Spyder Fenix
Halo Invert Too w/Exalt Univeral Feedgate
1 Piece CP 14" .685 Spyder Barrel
PMI Pure Energy 68/4500 Tank w/Cover

thumup:

anything else? Feed Neck, regulator, etc?

Seriously, thanks again everyone!

·
100% N00b
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Much appreciated. This might be an ignorant question but I have to ask.. whats the benefit? I honestly dont even know what they are for. :confused:

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Instead of using a plastic stovepipe adaptor, which is weak and will break, and is very tall, you can use a clamping feedneck

Keeps your hopper closer to the marker (less target area), and will keep your hopper secure and won't let it fly off

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
He did say IF...as in, he never bothered looking to see if it did or not.

And yeah, with the NDZ on/off on sale for $22, or the Warrior B1 on sale for $17, I would buy one of those for the Fenix. (B1 looks like the A1 or Macdev on/off but is more cheaply made, I have one on my o3m).

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
HAHA!

It's all good, had a lazy bout and didn't feel like using google
:p

As for the on/off, I would highly recommend one, like miller said!

D

·
0 Posts
Realize that the info is unneeded, but felt the need to comment. Just adding a tid bit about clamping vs. non-clamping...as I had to learn this lesson in a rude fashion -

My Revvi 12 hoppers got wet while in storage, so they were unusable and trashed. My first day back out, I bought a Halo B for my stovepipe fed Impulse marker. Came to learn that Halo B's had to be sanded down to fit into a stovepipe adapter. And me..without sand paper. Yey for playing a full day with a tournament marker (no eyes) from yester-year...with a Shake&Shoot. Barrel breaks and ball-chops galore.

The clamping feed necks offer a bit more flexibility for custom-fitting the neck to your hopper, not the hopper to your neck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts