Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, found a Turbo'd DSM that was about 20 minutes from me. Basically bone stock, but not for long. Has a full TEIN Suspension, 2000 Watt Infinity system, 18'' ALBA 797 Bank Wheels, Blitz Bodykit w/ Combat Rear wing. Has 131,000 k on her, drives like a dream though. Whadda you guys think. Yes, the rear wing is a little too ricey, and its gonna be shaved from the car. He wants about 6k, but I offered him 5k and he said he'll take it. Its a really clean ride, but just needs to loose the wing. Whadda you guys think?

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not really concerned about miles due to the fact my built 2.0 will probably find its home in that engine bay if I decide to pick the car up. Plus, I don't want to deal with a 7-Bolt engine and crankwalk. I would have more pics but I forgot to take the camera with me. I'll hopefully have some more in a bit.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd do the lambo doors, but there is a white gst that runs around here with a drift front-end an a blitz read and has lambo doors. I just don't feel like doing something that another guy around here has.

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
1337PAINTBALLER said:
It has a turbo... not your average rice.

I'd take it man, looks like a very clean ride.
I don't ever think I've seen a ricer without Forced induction.. And I've never seen or heard of many ricers with a Supercharged induction.
Turbo's are candy.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
Lowtryx said:
I don't ever think I've seen a ricer without Forced induction.. And I've never seen or heard of many ricers with a Supercharged induction.
Turbo's are candy.
damn lowtry i figured you'd know the difference...

rice=all show, no go

a turboed car can be "riced out" like this, but it isn't a ricer because it actually has some power and isnt slow as molasses.

forced induction=turbo, supercharger (aka blower) or nitrous

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Snip3r said:
Just because it has a turbo doesnt mean its quick...
True, though if it has a turbo, then that most likely means it can be fitted with a bigger turbo without much hassle. Bigger turbo usually = quicker.

It has potential. Ricey now, but could be a mean machine. Lose the wing, lose the rims for something more subdued (please NOT black, they look horrible), and then tune the **** out of it (I know you will, just saying).

-Jin

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Buy it, change the wheels, new exhaust(turbo-back) and i like the wing...it brings out more of the contours n lines in the Bodykit

And if ppl call you rice...they wont after you blow their doors off.

With those mods, i will give an upped 5.0 a run for its money...ive got a friend with 90% same stuff on a 96 and we smoke stangs all the time. Wont take out my other friends z28 tho.

Do it.

-RB-

·
1,751 Posts
5k is an ok price if that is a GST model, I'd be very careful about the 131k miles on a mitsubishi though, they aren't exactly known for reliability. If that is a gsx model, you better jump on that because that price is VERY nice.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, the guy sold the car out from under me. I'm not really worried now, I'm picking up a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege from a local dealer for a good price. Only has 49k on it, and is mildly modded. Besides, I'm just gonna build the crap outta the talon(as if it were already quick enough) and keep the Protege for a daily driver.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts