Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother has a nissan sentra. its nothing special, it was his first car, and we got it for a pretty good deal. now, my dad is considering giving my mom's car to him when we buy a new car. i pretty much have the option of taking the sentra as my first car and using it through high school. ill most likely be going to college where freshmen can't drive on campus, so buying a nice car would be useless. the only catch is that i would have to pay for insurance which wont be too bad once i get a job.

so what do you think? i dont really need anything fast, i was planning on buying something like an older celica at best anyway, and it gets decent gas mileage. im thinking that it would be a good high school car for getting from A to B.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I would take it. It should be decent and insurance wont be too expensive.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i was thinking. my friend is going to be driving a saleen mustang in a month (turns 17) so he's gonna be paying up the butt for insurance. and nj has the highest car insurance in the entire country. i figured i might as well just have this until i have enough money to buy a decent car that will last me a long time.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeah definitely go with this one. its a lot better than having to pay for a car, especially if its just for a first car to get you going where you need to go. not every car needs to race. hope all goes well

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Do it, its a good car for a highschool kid, and trust me, you WONT be needing it in college. I just want to re-enforce what you just said because I was in that perdicament too. I was trying to find a way to fight the system to get my Camaro on, but once I got there I realized I didn't need it, and it would only be a drain on my cash (which was at an all time low anyhow) to keep it there. So yeah go for it.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
NYY said:
ummmm
what?
Im gonna have to say QFT on that one.....

But yea take it. Should be decent on gas mileage. And remember the best thing's in life are free. Except for herpes.

352 Posts
yea deffinently take it, why would you want to spend a ****-load on a car if you can have a pretty nice car for free?!?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts